SY-001 Stealth Ogre

All great points Greg. Truth be told I also keep my face off the internet because I would rather my students not get ahold of those things. Some are crazy talented with computers… there is no telling what they would do to their teacher. :slight_smile:

Haha! Fair enough. I definitely loosened up on my internet privacy (not saying for the better) after I switched careers (from teaching English and middle school, I eventually ended up as a software developer!).

Hey yoyogeezer have you tried “The Top” by Top Yo. It’s just caught my eye. If you have how does it play?

Edit: also I forgot to put this but that was a great review. You analyzed all aspects of the throw and have out a good representation of how plays.

I’ll repeat once again, you blurt out stupid crap mostly directed to Japanese yoyos. Yet, I don’t even know if you have any experience them. Since you claim you’ve tried some tell me, which ones.

Also, since you’re so trigger-happy at calling people out I’d like to do the same. Video battle me so I can shut you up once and for all. I’m tired of you’re shit. “Talk the talk and walk the walk.”

Also for the haters out there, I will prepare a video to showcase this yoyo’s performance that we owners claim. Ill take the heat Geezer and Slowyojoe are getting for praising this yoyo. Let me represent their claims. I’ll need a few days to make a youtube account, the video, and find my brothers camera’s usb so I can upload it.

Who are you talking to? If it is me, I have tried a couple offerings from YYR. The Stargazer I had was from a trade and it had a galled bearing seat, not a fair review when it is a flawed second hand product, I don’t know if the flaws were caused by the previous owner or the company itself. The Dreadnought I played was absolutely brilliant and I would have loved to do a review but I just didn’t get to keep it long enough.

As for grief towards slowyojoe… you could not be more wrong. Joe actually contacted me today to see if I would like to review his unopened Stealth Ogre. Of course I took him up on it. look for the HSYY review of the Ogre some time in late July or early August. I am humbled by the fact that Joe would give me the opportunity to do the review.

iYoYo, you have a lot of hate in you right now. Take it from someone who has been labeled a troll by the best trolls on the forum, you need to chill out or you will quickly become jaded to the sport. Let SkyHighYo alone, stop randomly calling people out and chill. Life is too short for this bro. ;D

I was talking to SkyHighYo. He’s been getting on my nerves lately.

That was the second Stealth Ogre that was offered to you for review. I am glad you intend to take Joe up on it; as you indicated you would do, for the first one offered. Were you humbled when I offered to lend mine?

I will eagerly await your review of this yoyo.

So much rage over a yoyo review! I’m looking forward to seeing what Chris thinks of the Stealth Ogre. I’ve been thinking about picking one up for a while and was just about ready to when Sturm Panzer dropped the Leo Sniper. Now I don’t know which to get!

Yuki

I totally dig Chris’s reviews and all, but Slowyojoe recommended this yoyo to me quite a while ago. As far as I’m concerned, that’s all the recommendation I would need. :wink: As soon as I’m in the market for an expensive, powerful yoyo, this is the one I will get (if I can find one by then!).

1 Like

A. I was the one who conceived the Battle Royal idea, hahahahaha
B. I like Japanese yoyo’s… what do you not understand about this? Please, address this. I have never trash talked any Company. I expressed that I don’t believe Japanese yoyo’s are Ferarri’s… but that doesn’t mean they aren’t good–they are spectacular.
C. Calm down bro…

pats you on your head I’ll be waiting for your video. Make sure you perform a combo that is only capable on the Stealth Ogre ;] Not sure that’s possible, but by the way people talk about yoyo’s giving them “The edge” and how the Ogre is leaps and bounds better than other yoyos–this should be no problem for you. I expect a very long combo, at the very least.

Also, the video… 1 throw, 1 combo. No regens.

Humbled? No. Shocked that you would do so after our issues. I had intended on taking you up on the generous offer, then you went on your spree of trashing any and all manufacturers that do not suit your needs and in doing so insulting quite a few friends of mine. You even had the nerve to say you were trying to “help” them by ridiculing everything they put out, like all of these successful companies are nothing more than rank amateurs. At that point I decide I would rather not deal with you.

Oh, please. Never had I met a person so full of crap.

I am just dying to know why your always up and ready when someone has something to say about these Japanese yoyos. What is it that gave you the credibility to make an opinion about them? Have you tried an array of Japanese yoyos that you compared to your precious General-Yos? You didn’t answer my question, what Japanese yoyos have you tried so far?

Also seems like your always skeptic of opinions and tend to find people’s opinion who have “skills”. That’s the same reason you call out Geezer. What about you’re opinions? Shouldn’t you have “skills”? Show me. Video Battle, just you and me. You registered your account 4 years ago, I started my journey to yoyo-ing back at the Nation 4 years ago. It sounds like a fair match.

I hear the mods coming…

Yuki

5 bucks on SkyHighYo lol

I like Japanese throws. I own work by Shinobu Konmoto for God’s sake–Whose regarded as one of the most talented yoyo modders in the World… Do you think I would drop coin on such things if I disliked Japanese throws? Even more than I like Japanese throws… I like Japanese players. They are the true stars… not the yoyo. I also love Japanese culture. I only use Japanese parts for my arcade sticks. Are you starting to realize the problem doesn’t lie in anything that has to do with Japan? Do you realize if this thread was about a One Drop Code 2 and someone said “The Code 2 performs like a Ferrari and the Stealth Ogre is a Hyundai”–that I would still hold the same position, but in this case I would defend the Stealth Ogre.

Note: I hate the Code 2, but I would still be in the same “Prove it to us” position. Cuz, in that hypothetical situation; a company is being trashed in the wake of another company. Do you see where my position lies now?

I have tried -many- yoyo’s at yoyo club, including a vast array of Japanese throws, some you may be familiar with… Positron, Six, Sleipnir, Leviathan, Basilisk, Diffusion (wouldn’t count it but throwing it out there), StarGAZER (haven’t tried the Stargeyser), Messiah, Double Joker, Luminous. Is that enough?? → those are just ones off the top of my head. I’ve tried my fair share…

Here’s one I really want to try but can’t find anyone who has one; A Checkmate by Yoyo Monster. So you could say, there are Japanese throws I’m very much looking forward to trying!

Here’s my point. I am not one to say “The Stealth Ogre is a Ferrari and Burnside is a Hyundai”. If I were to say the same stuff, I would hope someone say something to me about it. Do I run around calling everyone out who writes a review on a Japanese throw?

Am I going to call someone out who trashes on an off-topic company to express their favored company is better? Yes. This is the very basis for FOUR DIFFERENT PEOPLE wanting to see a Video of the Stealth Ogre strutting it’s stuff.

I already accepted. Do you not read anything I write? If not, that would explain a lot.

To everyone who actually reads this! If I say “General-Yo rocks, your favorite company eats dirt in comparison!” I would hope YOU (who ever is reading this) come up to me and say “Settle down there bud, prove it”

I’d slap you with a leather dueling glove and demand satisfaction.

Yuki

3 Likes

Now you’re just turning me on

I demand satisfaction, too! The satisfaction of seeing two good players throw down! Even if it’s based on some animosity, I just wanna see some tricks.

And I want you muthers to use “Beat It!” as the soundtrack…

And end each one with a clip of South Park where the kids “Get Served!”

This is going to be AWESOME!

2 Likes

Where are you getting all this popcorn from, Greg? And why aren’t you sharing it with the rest of us?

Yuki

2 Likes