SY-001 Stealth Ogre

This.

I’m not sure I like where this is all going, but I’m going to get my popcorn.

1 Like

Will you share once the video comes? I’m sure the popcorn will be cold by then though :confused:

Can I just briefly interject to comment on the yoyo. My personal opinion is that the Stealth Ogre is incredible. I am a terrible thrower, and have only been throwing a year and a bit, but in that time I’ve tried quite a few yoyos. To me, the Stealth Ogre outshines everything. Now I don’t mind other people not sharing that opinion, but I’d gladly show a little vitriol in favor of this yoyo because I do believe it is that good. The reason I am including this comment is because, regardless of whether some rim weighting does X, or some combo requires Y, I recommend this throw because it makes me happy. And I’d like as many other people to experience that little bit of yoyoing joy. It’s not a cheap yoyo, and there are plenty of other great throws out there, many for less money; but if you haven’t picked one of these up, please see if you can. Not everyone will share my experience, but hopefully some will. To me it feels unique, and it is a benchmark against which I now compare my throws.

As far as the Burnside goes, I loved the it. But I love this Stealth Ogre more. And this throw feels more ‘honed’ if you will, more refined maybe. And for me, it feels like the most powerful thing I’ve ever thrown, regardless of whether that helps or not.

Now to try and get my hands on a Leo Sniper, and happy throwing to all…

1 Like

No disrespect but…

I see some flaws in your reasoning. How long ago do you think people were saying yoyo combos that were 1 minute or even 45 second in one throw were rarely seen? Probably not that long ago. Maybe in a couple more years people will be throwing 4-5 minute combos regularly. I don’t think its the matter of yoyos already spin long enough. I think the stealth ogre is innovative and sets a new standard on spin times.

I like your reviews but is there a reason you don’t review Japanese yoyos? If you ever want to start, the stealth ogre will give you something write about.

I can’t believe you just said that. You truly are a hypocrite.

Talk the talk, but doesn’t walk the walk? You’re the arrogant 24 year old man-child who blurts out stupid crap in this forum but it’s if you have some credibility to make any of your troll-like judgements. Geez

Let me ask you a simple question, have you tried the yoyo? Or even any japanese yoyos for that matter? While you’re too busy praising your “almighty General-Yo”, collecting multiples of the same exact yoyo, hyping up every single release of this company, some people are searching for fantastic yoyos by trying out different varieties from companies from all over the world. So please, for Christ sake, will you stop talking crap about the other yoyos you clearly don’t have experience with?

Good call on the edit, you must have realized how much hypocrisy it reflects about you. Though that still kind of goes against what you said in the first place…
Also, Geezer and I are still waiting for the video you plan to make about dropping a discontinued YYR yoyo into a blender.

wait…wait… I gotta quote this part one more time…

LOL.http://www.hobby-machinist.com/images/smilies/rofl-smiley-gif-800.gif

I was saying, I could do something that would warrant such reactions from you guys, such as blending a yoyo.

But calm down, I was just agreeing I would like a video demonstration of the Stealth Orgre being leaps and bounds over other yoyo’s.

And yes, I’ve stated multiple times I enjoy almost every yoyo I’ve played, even a $2 Peter Fish Luminator. [b]Yes, Japanese throws included. What does this have to do WITH ANYTHING?

AGAIN, I’M TALKING SKILLS. YOU KEEP TALKING PRODUCTS[/b]

And about the edit… I was trying not to derail things, because some of what I said was surely going to derail things. But before I edited, I pretty much assumed Geezer to be an armchair thrower (in a much more indirect way), the same presumptuous kind of thing you’re doing right now. I edited my response, big deal. Geezer, sorry if you’re heart broken over what I said… I think you’ll get over it though.

I won’t apologize for saying I think a lot of people here should Walk the Walk instead of Talking so much though. Tell me, is your word worth any value if you can’t prove you can do a 1+ minute combo?

To be honest, I WANT to blend a yoyo… ANY yoyo… But the fact of the matter is, I need a blender that’s container won’t SHATTER upon pressing the blend button with a chunk of aluminum in it. You provide the Blender (preferably a Blendtec) and I gaurentee you’ll see some videos of some high end yoyo’s being blended.

And you’re such a great contribution to the forums? I have a question for you, why did you only lash out at SkyHighYo? And where did he say anything negative about this YoYo? Honestly, by the way YoyoGeezer and Slowyojoe talks about this yoyo, I would also like to see it in action and it’s not because I’m doubting the yoyo’s ability either.

TO be honest, I said some rude things before i edited my response. But he wanted to call me out for that hahaha.

I said; “A lot of people around here should walk the walk instead of talk the talk”
I also said there were a lot of “Armchair Throwers” around here. ::slight_smile:

…awkward moment…

But I also never said anything negative about the yoyo. The yoyo itself intrigues me.

Infact, I’ve haven’t said ANY negative things about any yoyo. Only that I enjoy almost every yoyo!

I just want Proof. I’m tired of all this “We need the highest performance yoyo and we will discredit any other yoyo” attitude that’s going around, even though there is absolutely no proof that any of these performance driven throwers can actually do a 1 minute combo. Do you feel?

I’d like to see a video from Chris.

Let’s all have a battle royal hahaha

Now imagine a stealth ogre in there…

1 Like

Repost:
I don’t understand why you can’t accept the fact the there are other yoyos that will obviously perform better, but when it comes to General-Yo’s product you’re quick to say that they’re the best. It’s a reoccurring theme of you to not go by your own words or actions.

Okay, now here it comes… big breathe There are yoyo’s that perform “better” than General Yo Products. [depending on whose hands they rests in]

I would NEVER insinuate that I can only do my tricks on a General-Yo. No sir.

This is what im thinking about this entire argument:

1 Like

I would also like to see Matt play with a yoyo. Come on man! Share the love!

I didn’t take any disrespect from your comments, you bring up some very good points. I knew I was speaking in generalities on that one. My yardstick for not that much spin time is the time needed to do a freestyle during the finals of Worlds or any other large contest, which is at the moment 3 minutes. I know there are flaws with that logic in that there are people that throw and never compete… I am one of those people.

As for reviewing Japanese yoyos, I have contacted companies and have gotten very little in the way of feedback. I would rather borrow from the company instead of trade, especially when it comes to YYR products because I want to make sure it is genuine. I contacted SP about reviewing the Ogre but have not heard back yet. The only other Japanese company that I have heard back from was YYR and they wanted records on page hits and said the only company of note that I have reviewed is One Drop*. If they are. To interests in reviews I can’t force them. As for Turning Point and Sturm Panzer, I hope to hear back from them at some point. I love reviewing yoyos from all over the globe.

Nobody wants to see that. I am the first to say I am not the best, I even say it in my reviews. I am just an hobbyist like 99% of you out there, learning tricks as I go. I just have a gift for writing. I will leave the videos for the pros. :slight_smile:

*I had originally said it was CLYW. When I went and looked back at the conversation it was actually One Drop that was the company mentioned. My mistake, I do not want to intentionally misquote someone.

1 Like

I get a lot of positive feedback on my humble selection of videos… nobody really cares how good you are, they just want you to share the yoyo love. :wink:

My last video I didn’t even land a single trick. How’s THAT for “pro” video? :wink:

Just teasing you, though… I don’t think anyone should HAVE to do anything. You don’t wanna make videos, why on earth should you? Just saying that skill level doesn’t factor in!