SY-001 Stealth Ogre

Got this yoyo and it’s awesome! Did it hurt anyone else’s hand on the bind though? The outer edge of the rims are sharper than they look. :o

You have to be careful how much spin the Ogre is holding before you bind. I usually throw a couple of sloppy tricks just to slow it down a bit. Ten or fifteen skin the gerbils should do it. :slight_smile:

Hi, We are STURM PANZER, yoyo brand of JAPAN.
SY-001 Stealth Ogre has become the center of attention and is very much surprised.
Since we do the principle [ the canvass for sale in Japan ], we are not good at English.
There are many cases where it cannot answer in the individual question in English, sorry.
Although a website is only Japanese,
since Facebookpage of an English-language edition will be made from now on, please wait.

It says clearly first.
The purpose of STURM PANZER is not sale of a yoyo.
The Stealth Ogre put on the market is not a true figure.
It is the true purpose to complete a series of “STURM PANZER STORYBOOK” which is attached if you purchase a yoyo.

It is a tale describing the various human relations with which four persons [Kasumi, Gouki, Kyoshiro, Reita]
collide through a yoyo, and this is an author’s life itself.
It reveals and the yoyo itself is an addition.

What is “SY-001” incidentally?
This is a number of a tale.
A tale will be completed if a yoyo is purchased to numerical order.
A continuation of a tale can be read if you can purchase SY-002.
Although “STURM PANZER STORYBOOK” is only a Japanese now,
but please enjoy at least an illustration!

The outline of the STORYBOOK 1

in 2013, the 21st century’s new champion yo-yo league “Yo-Yo Fist” entered its 6th season,
and team Sturm Panzer was ready with the Stealth Ogre,
a new yo-yo designed by Kasumi Hino, of defense contracter Marshall Industry.

At its core of the design, Kasumi integrated the control system dubbed “bio spinner,”
which is meant to create a direct connection between your brain and the yo-yo,
giving you superhuman control during play!
Once the Stealth Ogre hit the scene, Kasumi’s team turned its luck around,
and the Stealth Ogre was the engine that fueled its comeback.

Thank you.

7 Likes

Thanks Sturm Panzer, for posting this. It is nice to see that the YYE forum and its Ogre fans are on the radar. You are making great yo-yo’s that are so much fun to play. Thanks. :slight_smile:

Personally, I am anticipating your next offering. Until then, I will be enjoying my Stealth Ogre.

Cheers.

I have to echo this post. I wanted YoyoGeezer to have the first opportunity to respond: it’s his excellent review, but I just wanted add my view. I’m very glad you produced this yoyo, it’s fantastic; I cannot wait until your next yoyo; and I’m really pleased you are viewing the international literature, because people everywhere will enjoy your yoyos! Best wishes for the future.

If you want to find out its durability, give Jrod one.

Dear Sturm Panzer… Seek and Destroy!

Looking forward to seeing the Leo SY-002 Sniper! ;D

What have you heard or read? Pics? ???

This.

It was on their website, but no picture yet. Mentioned a spring 2013 release though!

Pic’s are up now at their website.

Unfortunately, I spent my yoyo allowance on the YYR Lucky Boxes. I am hoping to pick this one up when they re-stock. It looks nice.

http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac60/iYoYo_2010/fa6682e5-9564-4389-8025-75445890b836.jpg

This yoyo is the pinnacle of my collection in terms of performance. It beats my Sandstorm, Positron, and my old Gleipnir(my performance trio) by a noticeable margin. It definitely gives you the edge in competition if you have one of these. You can be as sloppy as you want and this yoyo never dies out or tilt off its axis during a combo.

Burnside with under-cut rims.

:slight_smile:

By your comment; I hope that you are not implying that the Ogre is somehow a “Burnside with under-cut rims”.

That would be like saying the Ferrari is just a Hyundai with lowered suspension.

Oh dear, someone compared a high priced item with a lower priced item… quick all owners of said higher priced item raise their pitchforks in order to justify their purchase.

Nothing wrong with comparing the two yo-yos. If the Ogre plays half as well as the Burnside it would be a stellar yo-yo. The Burnside is one heck of a player, especially at $85.

2 Likes

Actually Geezer, do us all a favor if you can spare a few minutes. Grab your video camera and a Stealth Ogre and show us the super long combos that can only be done using a yo-yo with such massive rim weight.

I think a show case of the Stealth Ogre at its best would go a long way to selling that this type of machining is needed. Best single throw I have ever witnessed is Jensen’s Worlds 2011 performance. Obviously a Stealth Ogre would top this.

You can watch Jensen’s performance here.

I am not disparaging the Burnside. I am pointing out that comparing The Ogre to a Burnside as a simple shape difference, is hardly honest or informative. The difference between the two is embodied in the difference in materials, not the shape.

Comparing the Burnside to the Ogre, is actually a fairly favorable comparison. They play similarly in terms of overall weight and play. The big difference will be the spin-time due to increased relative rim-weight on the Ogre.

Spin time is not the end all be all of a yo-yo though.

Comparing it to cars, You can give me a Honda Civic and a Bugatti Veyron. Sure the Veyron is fast as hell but I can still only go 65-70 MPH legally on the freeway. At a certain point the extra spin time is not needed, I rarely see people doing 4 to 5 minute single throw tricks.

This. Given the very strong positions you tend to take on yoyos, some demo of your playstyle would help contextualize your commentary.