SY-001 Stealth Ogre

Superior yoyo skillz= Superior opinion ???

Highly amusing in any case. Let’s get ready to rumble!

Yuki and Greg just made this thread so much better.

1 Like

Found this at one Japan store, anyone know what is it about?

http://Since the Stealth Ogre incident in 2013, team Sturm Panzer was disqualified from the league, and won’t be present at the competition in 2014. But the dissolved team has turned their sights on a comeback in 2015.

What the heck?

Smells like marketing to me, but I have no idea where that text comes from. And the image link is broken…

Fishy . …

still waiting for SkyHighYo to log in before I post my video ::slight_smile:

Uh no, it’s just part of their narrative. They’ve said all along they’re a company that focuses on the storybooks, characters, and entire package just as much as the yoyo. There’s no actual “incident”, surely you guys can realize this… ::slight_smile:

Just in case you were wondering it doesn’t have antennas or batteries either…

Nathan, I thought it was pretty clear that I was acknowledging that it’s marketing. “Smells like marketing to me.” I didn’t say that marketing is fishy, just that it’s… marketing. :wink:

Yessir. That was more in response to the other poster. Sturm Panzers come with a 20+ page manga, so it really is a whole world they’re creating, which i guess is marketing, but to me more of an interesting artistic endeavor combining a lot of Japanese crafts.

Also super excited for iYoYo’s video!

How does this throw compare to YYR, Im asking this because the holidays are coming up and this throw has always cough my attention but its always out of stock.

That all depends on the YYR we are speaking of. In my review, I noted that the Ogre played closer to the Gleipnir in terms of feel and play. That is mainly because the Ogre is a relatively large and heavy yoyo where the design focuses on spin and stability. It can go fast or slow, but its maneuverability is not as good as the Leo Sniper. The sniper is closer to a Sleipnir, but not quite as maneuverable. The big advantage the Leo has is spin-time and stability provided by multiple materials.

If we are comparing the YYR that are actually available right now; there is no comparison. The YYR Draupnir is the best yoyo available anywhere in the known universe. I have described it as insanely-good. Comparing it with the Stealth Ogre is almost meaningless. The Ogre is great at spin and stability. The Draupnir has equal spin and stability, combined with: speed, agility, maneuverability, and adaptability. is just a pure joy on the string.

I hope that helps.

1 Like

slightly OT, have you guys seen the new “Elan Steampunk”??
All the awesomeness of the Schneider at only 66+ grams O_O

Wow, that looks cool!

Have you played a Dazzler?

I’m waiting for an anodized draupnir, but would like to know what you think about the dazzler in comparison. I’m guessing you haven’t played one, but you never know. Your favorites list and mine overlap where we have played yoyos in common, so I am curious.

I have a Steampunk en route :smiley:

If you could give a comparison to the schneider, that would be awesome.

In fact this was exactly why I’d held off on writing a Schneider review, so I will do this as soon as I can.

1 Like

I was confused by the “OEM” label on this. Does anyone know what the relationship between Sturm Panzer and YoyoLaboratory is? They seem to make the same yo-yo’s; so why different companies/names?

:slight_smile: