String length

long string gang?

medium string gang?

short string gang?

i’m on the long string gang. what are you?

4 Likes

First where is the official survey? I will not be able to analyze the stats this way!
I like long now, but i’m short so i think my string is actually medium/ long… i used to prefer short out of fear of dings, but one day i just threw my collection on the ground and got over it.

Edit @peytoncali11. Im 5’3. My string is usully just below a straight arm… now fir 5A i am using to the bottom of my sternum.

3 Likes

i’m 5’8 and i use chest level string, how tall are you and where is your string? waist? chest? bellybutton?

2 Likes

i use string thats at the bottom of my neck, and im 6’2

2 Likes

i’m fairly certain you use string that is a little shorter or as tall as me. :joy:

2 Likes

I’m 6’4" and I started short, like belt-buckle to floor. Then I went longer, from little above the belly button to floor, but I found that too long for comfort. Right now, my sweet spot is about 42". Not too long, not too short. That said, every time I cut the extra off of fancy strings, I think “am I going to change my preference tomorrow?”.

2 Likes

i always thought you were like thought you were like 6’ plus @AKYOYOMIKE!! you have this towering handsomeness and statureness about you

4 Likes

i did too. :joy:

2 Likes

You guys are too kind… but it’s cause im standing on a chair when i shoot video :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I was above navel in poll

3 Likes

You should make it a poll.

1 Like

I’m at the long end of medium. I’m like 5’8-9” and my string gos an inch or two above my belly button.

2 Likes
  • Long string
  • Medium string
  • Short string

0 voters

2 Likes

I use 2 inches above my belly button for 1A and belly button for 5a.
I’m 6ft if that helps.

I just use the pinky on the belly button and loop around my index finger method and happy with that.
Although I might want to transition to a shorter string when I get better :slight_smile:

Seeing people using short strings seems to appeal to me more than seeing videos of people using long strings

1 Like

I go a little over belly button, and then I tie the slip knot a bit lower.

5a im still playing with, but I think shorter is the move for 5a

2 Likes

I cut my strings right under my belly button. (6ft here)

2 Likes

I’m 6’. I measure five fingers above my belly button, and use three fingertips to measure out the string for the loop, so when it’s tied and looped on my finger it’s still 5 fingers above my belly button. From the floor it’s ~46”. I use almost a full reg length Markmont string for this. I cut ~3 inches off, and they’re approx 54”.

I think I’ve gone a little over what’s ideal for me. I’ve been using some old strings more often lately, which I had made a bit shorter.

2 Likes

What does long/medium/small mean ?

Could be:

• Long = more than 3" above belly button
  • medium = ±3" around belly button
  • short = more than 3= under belly button

or:

• long = higher than chest
  • medium = between chest and belly button
  • short = belly button or lower

?

1 Like

Bottom of sternum length for me. I’m 5’11". So I guess medium gang for me…but haven’t really experimented with anything longer. I’ve run into major problems with spirit bomb, which I’m convinced was named appropriately as the trick seems like a carefully crafted test to bend and break one’s spirit…could just be me. Is longer string preferred due to the extra space it can create in a trick?

1 Like

Short = waist or lower
Medium = between bellybutton and sternum
Long = chest or more

2 Likes