String Length

Not sure if this is the right category for the topic. I am also sure that this topic has been discussed in the past, I just didn’t find it while searching.

Regardless, what is your preferred string length? How do you measure? I see alot of the “pros” put a string on and tie it with a couple inches at most still hanging off the slip knot. I tried that with my Kitty Fat and Normal, and it seems so long.

Just looking for some opinions and reasons why you choose that length. I realize it will vary.

2 Likes

I had these strings that I bought off eBay back in July and they just happened to be a length I liked, where the yoyo is not quite touching the ground and the knot around my finger sits about an inch or so above my belly button. I use one of these as a reference for any new string that I need to cut to be the same length. Also, I pre-stretch new strings a little before measuring for cutting.

2 Likes

I’m 5’6 and go belly button length but that’s definitely shorter than what most people use.

2 Likes

When I first started I found something that said to go from your belly button to a couple inches from the ground. As I got more comfortable, I found I needed more string. I’m 6’2 and go from about my chest to the ground. So maybe about 4 1/2 to 5 feet long?

1 Like

We had a poll here

1 Like

That you for the link. I was sure it had to have been discussed already.

I like mine a little bit longer than belly button length. I like to hold my hand at a right angle from my elbow; from there, to the ground. It’s just a couple of inches longer than belly button length

1 Like

i go about 2.5 inches or about 6.5 cm above my belly button

2 Likes

Loop above belly button. Loop at the naval feels too short.

2 Likes