What length should the string be?

I miss a lot of slackalicious string.

With the loop end attached to your finger, the other end should be long enough to reach the yoyo.

15 Likes

:rofl:

Shoot. I’ve been doing it wrong!

1 Like

how much should have cm?

String length can be really tricky to figure out…or at least it has been for me.
There really isn’t a tried and true universal length that works for everyone. It’s very much so figuring out what works best for you. Some people like string really long, while others like them short.

A lot of people will let the yoyo rest on the ground between their 2 feet, then bring the string a couple of inches above their belly button and tie the knot there.
Others measure it all the way up to their sternum.

I’m still looking for my personal string length. Depends on what tricks I’m working on…but currently I’m a little above halfway between my belly button and sternum. For a long time I was using strings several inches shorter, but as I’m slowly adjusting to a longer string, I’m greatly preferring it.

My best advice is to try differing lengths to see what feels best to you at the time…and don’t hesitate to try new lengths as you go!

5 Likes

A couple of inches above the belly button (loop)
Try that, adjust to taste.

1 Like

You probably realised by now that there is no standard string length and it’s dependent on both personal preference and by the individual’s height etc.

But to answer your question with an example, I am 6ft and I tie the top of my finger loop roughly 1.5 inches above my belly button on a fully stretched out string.

It is sitting at 120cm right now.

Not sure if this information on my string preferance is useful, but there it is anyway :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Unless you’re playing 4a…

1 Like

Still needs to be long enough to reach the yoyo for 4a :slight_smile:

Congrats! Now, get out of that corner. You’ve been sitting there long enough. Take off that Dunce Cap and come up to the front of the Class.
You will have the honor of turning the globe as I name All the Countries on Earrh.

1 Like

United States, Canada, Mexico, Panama, Haiti, Jamaica, Peru,…

1 Like

Oh I could do that!

North America
Australia
California
Pacific Ocean
Sahara Desert

2 Likes

I always cut my string to where if I hold the string at my waste, it touches near the top of my ankle.

1 Like