String length?

So, whats yours? Belly button or full with no cutting or custom?

http://www.vam.ac.uk/apps/extra_uploads/uploads/largeImages/1231244572.jpg

I just use stock length. I’m tall enough to use it with no problems. Sometimes I cut my string, but that’s VERY rarely

I tie a new loop under the stock one, which puts it right at my belly button area. Most people who use the stock length tend to look awkward when using it.

Me too. I watched a few vids of younger people using full length string. didnt look awkward to me, they were actually quite good. t full length I am alwys concerned Im going to grind the floor.

I always go a bit short… about an inch under…

Oh, 12, 14 feet is about right.

the Bigger the better

Me also. That usually puts it at about belly button length, sometimes a bit shorter depending on the string lot.

I just cut off the loop and tie my own to make it a little shorter. Stock is just a bit too long.

Dont mind the stupid question, but what length in cm/ft is stock?

I recently bought some slick 50/50 but really didnt think about the length, Iv been playing with it for about a week now and so far so good.

I used to be addicted to stock length YYE Poly, but, after getting 300 TheYoStore strings, I found that the slightly (By about an inch) shorter string seemed to hold tension better, so I’ve been using them lately.

It varies from lot to lot. I use blue slick 8 and yellow slick 6. I usually get it from the same place. The nominal length is around 41 inches, but I’ve found that it varies by as much as plus or minus as much as an inch. Within a given lot it’s fairly consistent.

1 Like

I don’t know the length, I don’t need to mesure or anything, I put on the counterweight and if it feels long I spin the string into the counterweight to shorten it. If it feels sort I untie the knot and make the loop really small, then put the counterweight back on. I can tell my by throw if it is to long or short.

as soon as i get it, i give it a throw, and it tells me what length it wants to be. it at least to my belly button, but usually shorter than that.

Bottom of belly button to middle inner left ankle.

I like to have mine an inch over proftional hight im 4’11 so i cut just below the origanal loop