String Length Poll - (Plus GIVEAWAY)

Hey all, I’ve got an idea I’m working on and would like to know the average playing string length. I’d be very appreciative if some of you would measure from yoyo loop to finger loop and post a reply here.

Thanks!

Edit: As a thank you I’m going to do a little giveaway. Any flavor (colorway) we’ve previously made OR custom colors. The more responses the more packs I’ll send out. I’ll wrap it up sometime Sunday afternoon.

1 Five-Pack (1 winner) for 10 responses
2 Five-Packs (2 winners) for 15 responses
3 Five-Packs (3 winners) for 20 responses
and so on for every 5 responses

8 Likes

1A 106cm
4A/5A 91cm
3A 85cm
2A 72cm

4 Likes

112.5 cm for 1A
107 cm for 5A
97 cm for 0A
76 cm for 2A

3 Likes

I’ve been throwing more techy 5A and honestly I’m thinking I might go up a bit on my 5A length. Our lengths seem pretty proportionally similar.

I’m a little under 5’6", 166cm tall.

5 Likes

1A:
106.68cm / 42in
Yoyo is about 3in above the floor when throwhand is level with my sternum. (How I set my string length)
Not too long, not too short. Perfect middle ground for me, nothing feels better.
Looks like @mable is about the same. Granted 5’8" on my end.

4 Likes

I usually use long strings compared to most yoyo-ers.
It kind of depends on the yoyo I am using.

With heavier rim weighted yoyo’s (like the Yomega Glide) I use string that is 49.25" (125cm)

For lighter yoyo’s or yoyo’s with center weight like the shutter I use 46" (116.8)

For other yoyo’s they are around 47-48"

2 Likes

44” or 112 cm. 1A

3 Likes

For me it would beeeeeeeeee

1A-4A-5A: 115cm
3A: 95-100cm
2A: 71-75cm

4 Likes

Yeah I’m just over 6’ or 185cm tall.

3 Likes

From loop to loop, and it comes out to ~ 118cm or 46.5 inches. As a person who is 6’2 with relatively wide hands, I have found that I require a slightly longer string when performing wrist mount style tricks. Also, when using my organic yoyos, I prefer to add a few extra inches for a slower, more arched playstyle. The longer string length lets me to comfortably tricks so that the string doesn’t feel too tight when wrapped around both hands.

4 Likes

I appreciate the responses. As a thank you I’m going to do a little giveaway. Any flavor (colorway) we’ve previously made OR custom colors. The more responses the more packs I’ll send out. I’ll wrap it up sometime Sunday afternoon.

1 Five-Pack (1 winner) for 10 responses
2 Five-Packs (2 winners) for 15 responses
3 Five-Packs (3 winners) for 20 responses
and so on for every 5 responses

4 Likes

47.5 in /120 cm for 1A

1 Like

115cm for 1a and 4a
100cm for 5a

1 Like

1A 110cm
5A 90cm
2A 65cm

2 Likes

112-114cm for 1a (not including finger loop)

1 Like

Thanks for the replies.The more responses the more strings we give away so keep em coming!

For people into fixie/0A, do you prefer longer or shorter string than in 1A? Or the same? Getting back into fixed axle.

1 Like

I like it a little shorter. Just took the time to measure my responsive string and it sits around 98cm

2 Likes

With how long 1A string lengths have gotten on average, I think most people end up using noticeably shorter string for 0A than their 1A length. I’ve gotta be able to comfortably throw loops, and have more controlled/comfortable regens, so that’s a big factor for shorter string. This might just be me, but I feel like stalls lock in better with shorter string.

6 Likes

Ah the idea I’m working on would be more for modern unresponsive for the most part. Haven’t tried out hand at cotton strings yet but would like to eventually. But if you put your measurements in id be happy to include you in the giveaway :slight_smile:

Edit: woops just noticed you replied above. Thanks for helping!

2 Likes