Poll: String Length

How long do you folks play your string?

• Longer than, +44 inch (~112cm)
  • Shorter than, -44 inch (~112cm)
0 voters
5 Likes

Used to play shorter string but club has moved me toward longer

2 Likes

Right!! I play what I thought was longer (48” or 122 cm) but I see some videos and wonder how they get that many wraps!! It’s gotta be super long.

i typically use 90-95cm long (35-37in)

3 Likes

I like the more complicated tricks that use more string

1 Like

~ 44"

3 Likes

I’ve been enjoying ~120cm string recently. I really like the slower pace and how stuff feels less cramped during tech tricks with it.

1 Like

I haven’t measured in a while but I tend to cut it a few inches above my belly button. I like a little extra string for tech stuff.

1 Like

I’ve never measured. A little higher than my elbow while the yoyo is resting on the floor. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Haha. The one length you can’t vote on!

2 Likes

I use around 43.5 inches long string.

1 Like

Step 1: String on yoyo
Step 2: Stretch string
Step 3: Pinch string 2-3 inches above belly button
Step 4: Tie knot

Exactly that long

4 Likes

I like lots of lengths for 1a, very short to very long. Just depends on my mood, the Yoyo, and how I feel like playing.

4 Likes

I like short strings because when i ding my yoyos i start staring at them looking at the ding and i never stop looking at it and its annoying!!!

3 Likes

36" to the end of my counterweight. 3A strings are 29". 1a i do 37".

2 Likes

I’m using longer string than I used to due to tech tricks, but still < 44". Who knows, maybe it’ll keep getting longer the more I advance, but right now that feels cumbersome and hard to control (kinda like swimming in string).

2 Likes

This right here is why I haven’t ventured pasted 38" :clap: I know dings are a part of life but they sure do suck. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

My sternum to 1.5 inches approximately from the floor.
Just measured it is 48 inches

2 Likes