Still have a problem.

Debating this here is somewhat pointless.If you want it changed you need to engage Jiggyfly. If he agrees, we’ll change it.

It may on be the way I see it, but I think all this exposure for a neutral feedback may have harmed the OP’s reputation more than the said feedback :-[

Did you know about the flaws and choose to not tell the buyer? If so I believe you kept information from the buyer on purpose in order to sell your item. I try my hardest to give a spot on description of my throws with accurate pics to avoid this. I don’t care if I buy it new I should still be informing people of any problems with the throw. It’s just like telling the person about vibe in my mind. If the throw vibes but is mint the person deserves to know it vibes even if it came that way from the manufacturer.

this is my view on it as well.

it was released as an a-grade product.

the yoyo has factory flaws, but was still marked as ‘a-grade’.

perhaps you should’ve said that it was an a-grade release w/ factory flaws. this would’ve been a more honest statement, if you were aware of the factory flaws.

mgodinez

cloudy…

If I remember this deal correctly. I was upset more that it was missing a pad, then the ano wear. Both were not deal breakers, But you knew about them when you posted as MINT. When I wrote you to tell you I was upset about it not being as described, you were VERY RUDE to me , and told me I needed to talk to (anonymous yye user) , cause he sold it to you as mint.
You were totally unwilling to do anything to rectify the situation. Until I filed a paypal dispute, then you repeatedly tried to get me to end my dispute , with promise of refund only after I ended it. (giving up all paypal protection).

I would of gladly removed the feedback, If you would of just been a gentlemen, apologized. and promised to give a more accurate description in the future.

I’ll make a deal with you yoyopingus. If you just admit you were wrong, to list as MINT. and not mentioning the ano wear, or missing hat pad. And promise to give better descriptions in the future. right here, on this thread. Then, I’ll give my Permission to any admin reading this to change the feedback to

… neutral…not as described. but did the right thing and gave a partial refund.

It’s not what you want ( complete removal ) , but I’m willing to meet you 1/2 way.

^ Just curious if those recent posts were in response to something going on in the PMs. :-\

No , nothing going on in the PM’s. Just saw this for the first time yesterday, and felt compelled to post my side, of what happened.

Ah, I just realized they were your first posts in here. Thanks. :slight_smile:

Wow, haven’t seen this in a while. I’ll admit that yes, I probably should have said something about the flaws, but just to be clear. The things on that yoyo were not damage or ano ware of any form, they were flaws right from where that yoyo was anodized. So without a bgrade stamp any where on it, that yoyo was mint.

Also after he got it, and was very displeased, I tried my best to find a way to make him not so mad. I think I offered him a full refund and a partial refund and he keeps it. I couldn’t have done anything more to try to satisfy him.
And I definitely was not rude in any way.

The feedback should technically go away, if you look at what actually happened here. I sold him a yoyo that was Mint (A grade with ano flaws) He thought the ano flaws were damage, and he thought I lied about the condition.
I tried everything to make things chill, but nothing would do it.

Anno flaws AND missing a response pad? Not mint.

The fact is, this guy gave you neutral, honest feedback in a situation where I would’ve given you negative feedback. It is pretty obvious from everything I’ve read here that you mis-described an item. If this were ebay, there would be much worse consequences. I would just suck it up and take the negative feedback.

Besides, I find it curious that you didn’t refute the fact that the refunds or other options weren’t offered until a paypal dispute was opened. Which in my mind points to the fact that this is also a true statement. Sounds like you got a better end to the situation than you should have.

lol, but it is mint, non-mint implies damage, there was no damage, it was sold as a mint A-grade yoyo by the manufacturer and resold in the exact same condition, therefore it’s mint. Ano flaws are so subjective anyway. If you start calling every factory ano imperfection “damage” then that would just get ridiculous. Missing response bad? Meh. Not ideal, but far from anything worthy of all this drama. As someone who’s been given BS feedback due to uninformed buyers, i sympathize with yoyopingus.

Ok, so my two cents about the situation is this: Yoyopeguin, your mad because you felt that you did everything in your power to make things right, to make the costumer happy, so you feedback would be good and you can keep on trading with a good rep. That’s what I think the root of all this is. And while I do agree with you on the yoyo was mint from the factory, it was not the stander of ‘mint’ that is used in the buy sell trade on here. It’s kinda how cars work. You buy a car, go around the block and decide you don’t want it, you can’t just return it because the car dealership considers it ‘used’ not ‘new’. That’s my issue on everyone throwing the word ‘mint’ around. We’re dealing with two different kinds of mint here.

If I would have bought the yoyo from you, I probably wouldn’t have noticed, or cared about the anno and bam, five star rating. But, if I was dropping some money on something, and it came with a flaw of ANY kind, and the person didn’t tell me about it, it would be on them. In the end, you can bend the world to try and make people happy, but in terms of reviews, it’s up to them how THEY felt with how THEY were treated. You could have hand delivered it to the guy, and he might have given you a low rating because he thought it was creepy you drove to his house. See what im saying?

Would some people not care about a tiny anno, yes. Would I? No. But as a seller, and I know this from retail, if you don’t tell EVERYTHING about the product you can, its on you if the costumer is unhappy.

Wrongo my boy. I have no idea about the condition of the yoyo in question but “mint” implies more than just no damage. It implies perfect, as it came from the manufacturer, meaning clean, no wear, and of course no damage, as in original condition. Again, I’m not referring to or making judgments about the trade in question here, only the definition of “mint.”

I have had similar situations happen. In a buyer’s shoes, despite the option to return the throw or be compensated for the flaws, there is still a bad taste left in your mouth for several reasons. In my view, when it happened to me, this is how I was left feeling at the end of the deal:

1. If I knew about the flaws or imperfections, I wouldn’t have wasted my time and passed on it altogether, avoiding any additional aggravation.

2. The photos were obviously taken in such a way to avoid showing the yo-yo’s flaws. That is very disappointing because one of the main purposes of photos in the BST is to highlight any flaws. Not just actual “damage” but anything that might be perceived as such. Even if the throw was received from the factory with flaws, those flaws should be disclosed. It is up to the buyer if he wants to believe the flaws happened at the factory, or if he wants to believe the seller is lying about it. The buyer should have every right to make that decision before money is exchanged. Why should a buyer believe every seller who claims “Oh, I bought it like that.”

3. Even if you have an option to return the throw, you have to waste your time going to the post office, spend your own money on a return, and even if you are reimbursed later, it’s still a big hassle. Now, you’d have to trust the seller who failed to disclose information to reimburse you for shipping costs. You are left feeling like you wouldn’t have to make that trip or be out of pocket, if the seller was honest at the outset.

4. You run the risk of returning the throw, and having the seller claim that it got back to him/her damaged. Then, if that seller doesn’t like the condition of the return, they can refuse to undo the deal as promised. It could end up just another possible headache. To avoid that, you’d have to insure the package, which is more than regular shipping costs. That is why a lot of buyers do #5 so it doesn’t end up a total loss.

5. Even if you get compensated with a little money back, and you choose that option to avoid #3, you still feel like #1 and #2. That means that the deal for a mint throw (flawless) ends up less than what you originally bargained for. No one wants to feel like that at the end of a deal.

I think a neutral seems fair in these kinds of situations.

I want at least the feed back description changed. “Not as described , got back partial refund . would I do business with again ? NO” Sounds like it should be in negative. Not as described? I said the yoyo was mint, what part of that was a lie, or falsely advertised?

The flaws on it were extremely small. I doubt even in the best lighting, and even with my canon EOS 5D mark 3 setup, it wouldn’t pick them up. I took the pictures of it before I even noticed the flaws. I want to know what jiggy would have done if he bought it from gen yo when they came out.

This topic is almost a year old. Either take it up with the guy you did business with or let it go. We don’t really have a stake in this, and the only way it’s going to get changed is if the guy requests it. Otherwise you’re talking to the wall.

1. Sell me a yoyo as mint, and it comes with damage, anno flaws, pin prick scratches, different color, no bearing, no response pads or whatever, wether you or the manufacturer did it and I’m dissappointed and prob pissed.

2. No offense but it sounds like you intentionally misrepresented the yoyo to get rid of it. I notice you haven’t said a thing about the response pad missing…shady.

3. I know people love to preach about yoyoing is only for the fun of it and “I don’t care about scratches” but I think more than most do. I know I do, I spend a lot of money on a yoyo and yeah…I want it perfect…period. Oh and I’m not afraid to email a yoyo GM that the yoyo he sold me was flawed and ask for a new one and an extra something for my time and business. In my line of work if someone is unhappy, we replace, refund, and then give them something else on top of that.

4. Like total artist said…you have now wasted my time because you didn’t describe it accurately. Doesn’t matter if you offer more money or a refund exchange, unless you refund, give the yoyo and then something else to me, I’m dissappointed. Don’t waste my time…I hate that. This is where the problem lies for me. Wasted time.

With this I’d say negative feedback is warranted, and neutral feedback was a gift. Sound harsh??? Then don’t sell me a yoyo as mint and have it come to me as anything less.

And please stop arguing guys that mint it is how it comes from the manufacturer flaws or not just no damage. If you believe this than you are ignorant. Learn now. Mint means perfect. Period. Done. I’ll give you an example…opened up my MacBook I just bought and asdf of the keyboard are missing due to manufacturer error. Never used it or did anything to it but opened the box. Sell it to you as mint. You get it. I guarantee your pissed. Ya…cuz it ain’t mint…

Whoever said earlier that you should never have posted this thread in the first place was right. This thread didn’t make you look good in my opinion. Take the neutral feedback and quit now.

I took one of the response pads out cause it was far too grabby with both of them. How does one missing response make it in worse condition? Oh yeah, real shady bro. And I don’t look good to you? You have 0 feedback. You haven’t a clue of what your talking about.

Ill report the feedback then cause its a straight up lie.

Wikipedia’s definition of mint condition.

“Mint condition is an expression used in the description of pre-owned goods. Originally, the phrase related to the way collectors described the condition of coins. As the name given to a coin factory is a “mint”, then mint condition is the condition a coin is in when it leaves the mint.[1] Over time, the term “mint” began to be used to describe many different items having excellent, like-new quality.”