Still have a problem.

It’s technically mint, but yeah always a good idea to mention ano flaws, obviously.

I wish the “thank yous” worked in here. ^ That might be the solution. It just seems so sad that it would take a measure like that to prevent this.

Ano flaws or not best idea to tell the buyer. General yos yoyos that are marked b grade very rarely come with ano flaws. Usually a hare of vibe. Ive had alot of general yo in my time and never seen a b grade with more than a pinprick. Sad to say neutral feedback was probably the best thing you were going to get. Didnt mean that to be rude or anything but for future trades mention ALL damage. Ive learned my lesson and trust me its worth telling the buyer

The term “mint” applies to different things, really. How often do you get a yoyo and not take it out of the box, and not play it at all? The word should still not be thrown around as much as it is.

And total artist, when you read that feed back, what feelings do you have towards the seller? Negative or Positive? I don’t even know why neutral feed back exists.

So you’re saying you want it removed from being “neutral” and placed to “negative”? Either way, it still stands that there was an issue on your side. It’s your fault, you owned up to it, you tried your best to make it better. That’s the best you could have done in the situation. The Trader Feedback system is set up so that people can leave their honest opinions on traders. While jigglyfly may have overreacted, his opinion should still be allowed to be represented.

This is exactly what any good gm of any yoyo company would have done, offered a full refund.
You don’t have the option to leave negative feed back at that point IMO.
Basically he got a money back guarantee, and what do you have to loose at that point? A little bit of time? Think about it.

If he wasn’t happy with the service you provided, he has every right to let others know

Ok, that would make close to no sense at all.
I want it removed entirely

Ok, lets make this straight.

POSITIVE: For a pleasant and enjoyable transaction

NEUTRAL: For not so great but not abhorrently terrible experience

NEGATIVE: A negative transaction where one end felt cheated.

A neutral feedback is completely warranted in this situation. The buyer was not completely satisfied with the yoyo he received. If he excepted either of your two offers, the partial or full refunds, he would not have been receiving what he was led to believe he would be receiving. He would either, A, not receive a yoyo at all, or B, received a flawed yoyo when he expected to receive a pristine one. No matter which route he took, he would not have had a transaction that was what he expected, which in my opinion warrants neutral feedback.

So if jiggy bought the yoyo direct from general yo, and received it in the same condition that he got from me, the world deserves to know that? What would he do file a BBB (better business bureau) dispute?

So that is what all of you would have done against Ernie?

Not necessarily. I had an avalanche that was used, with no box, but absolutely mint under a magnifying glass. Even ask FalseReality, he’s the one I traded to.

The word “mint” has specific meaning to people involved in collecting. It means perfect or flawless, like it just came off the production line. No marks or production flaws of any kind. A flaw is a flaw and makes it non-mint regardless of where the flaw occurred. It’s been bastardized by miss use to such a large extent on yoyo forums that it basically has no meaning to me regarding yoyos.

Since we’re on General Yo:

When I bought my KLR from YYE, new, in the box on the day it dropped during that first release buying frenzy, I guess it wasn’t in mint condition since it had a few little ano flaws. My bad. I should have complained up and down demanding satisfaction. This is the first time anyone is hearing about it. Why? Because the little flaws are meaningless to me. I’m too busy enjoying the yoyo to give a crap about the flaws. Natural beauty marks, I guess.

If we really want to get picky, I’m sure we could find flaws in the ano jobs of nearly any of our metal yoyos. I wonder if the new in the package Gnarwal2 and AC2 I have coming(probably tomorrow with a Yeti) will have flaws? Maybe. Could be. Unless they are massive issues, I’m not gonna complain. My strange method of thinking is that “hey, I can use these flaws as identifiers beyond that of the ano job itself”.

Flaws can be so small that we can’t really fault QC for missing stuff. When I was looking at General Yo B-grades at Nationals, I swear, some of the mistakes actually looked cool. But we’re talking large, obvious issues, such as spots, dots, smears, lines and other weirdness, not “micro-flaws”.

I do feel that as a seller or trader, it is upon the seller/trader to be as fair and as accurate as possible with the condition of the yoyo. The buyer will most often go through the item with the proverbial fine toothed comb or put it “under the microscope” looking for ways to “get back some cash”. It’s part of the game I suppose. I suppose since it’s a “used” sale, we tend to nit-pick. I wish I did this when I got my car. I’m finding all sorts of issues now and the dealer and my extended/expanded warranty flaked o covering any of these issues, despite being sold an “all inclusive bumper to bumper warranty”.

I’m currently selling what is a MINT AC. But, as it has been opened and played, I am calling it “like new” just to be safe. I will know in 30 hours if I will be making the decision to keep it or not based on something else that is about to happen(or not).

To neon the side of Studio, I bought my first run Arctic Circle and it had a massive light spot on the rim. No biggie it was shift plays great never complained. If it was from an individual who chose not to disclose the “lack of perfection” I would have said something. Business and manufacturers alike will miss something her or there. A private party sale has far more time (and responsibility) to inspect for damage/defects. Disclosure and representation are what lead to the feedback. If known at the time of purchase this transaction may have never happened.

Even in that case I think it would be more appropriate to call it “new in package” not “mint in package”

When I started my BST I never used the word mint and described everything as near mint but I had too many people saying asinine things like “I’m not trading my near mint X for your near mint Y” when their “near mint” = “possibly rolled across the highway through speeding traffic” and my near mint means “no damage” so now I describe them as mint and let the pictures do the speaking. I describe A-Grade yoyos with ano flaw as mint but I describe/picture the damage as best I can. Sounds like doing so in this case would’ve solved the problem.

How does a factory ano flaw negate that? To me mint means in the exact condition it came from the factory. Non-mint = damaged. An ano flaw isn’t damage. Although the obvious and prudent thing to do is mention the flaw in your listing. I’ve bought plenty of yoyos new that have flaws, and while it’s frustrating, i’ve never complained and just made buyers aware when i resold them.

Mint means perfect, that is no flaws. If it was flawed at the factory, it is still flawed. Call it new, or even new in box as oops says.

Just dont make it such a big deal. Neutral feedback isnt horrible. People most likely will just want detailed pics of your yoyo. Just chill out and except you messed up and just dont do it again

I see “neutral” as what it means by definition. It means that the transaction was not good, but it was not bad either. It is somewhere in the middle. A person viewing your feedback might ask themselves, why was the transaction neither good, nor bad? The comments jiggyfly left explain clearly the reason why. What kept it from being good, is that the item was not properly described. But, what kept it from being all bad is that you gave a partial refund. So, it is actually the perfect feedback for the situation. If I read that, I would know that I should ask for more photos, and ask you specifically in the PMs, if there is any damage, flaw, or what might be perceived to be a flaw, on the yo-yo. I would ask about the condition of the guts, the bearing, the pads, and whether it vibes. It would put me on notice that I need to be more thorough about getting a detailed description. Jiggyfly was fair, because he added that you gave a partial refund. He did not have to do that. He could have just put “neutral…item not as described.” He was fair about it.