Steaks. Steaks? STEAKS!

What’s your favorite part? Doneness? Juiciness? Dry? Personally I would love a medium well sirloin that’s very juicy with a brown crust. Boy do I love that piece of meat…

9 Likes

I like a good sirloin or porterhouse, cooked medium (pink, no blood). But most places assume (pink, no blood) is MW, so I usually go with that.

3 Likes

For me…Nothing beats a perfectly grilled rib eye

6 Likes

Same here. I prefer mine medium or medium rare.

4 Likes

Medium rare ribeye. Oh my… :drooling_face:

5 Likes

A good juicy medium rare ribeye cooked by my dad on a grill is damn hard to beat!

3 Likes

Boy rib eye is quite the topic here. Quite a bitta cholesterol but tastes amazing IMO. God I can’t wait to taste that perfect pan seared striploin tomorrow

1 Like

What’s happening tomorrow and what time should I show up? :stuck_out_tongue:

Japanese Wagyu, cooked a few minutes on each side with a little garlic.

2 Likes

Reverse seared a 30oz Tomahwak Ribeye in bacon grease for my birthday last year. All I ate that day was a pound of bacon for breakfast (had to get the grease somehow, lol), a bottle of bourbon (took me all day but it was the good stuff), and that giant steak. Felt great.

2 Likes

You can’t live without cholesterol. My go to is a thick cut ribeye, little salt/pepper, pan seared in butter and finished in the oven. I live in an apartment so no grill/smoker at the moment, but I have my pan searing down to a science! Medium rare of course.

7 Likes

4 Likes

Marinated skirt steak is my favorite. Anything bone in like a t bone steak is nice too every once in a while.

3 Likes

I do thin cuts like skirt or flap a lot more than thicker cuts. Dry rub, hot and fast on the grill to medium-ish.

For thicker I like strip slightly more than ribeye. Usually sous vide over reverse sear just since it’s a little more hands off. Usually a touch over medium rare.

1 Like

Porter house, medium rare with some good fat on the edges.

1 Like

I’m making carne asada tonight for about 15 people. It’s kinda steak.

1 Like

My 2 cents, for what it’s worth. I see a lot of ribeye preferences, which is my 2nd choice. My first choice for a steak, is what’s called a Chuck-Eye. The Chuck-Eye portion of the primal is almost connected to where the rib loin starts (where the ribeyes come from.) What gives the chuck-eye the advantage for me is the higher overall fat content of the cut; increased marbling plus increased adipose veins running through the cut. Give it a shot if you come across a pack. Oh and I heard somebody mention a Porterhouse, so I’ll let you in on something. The general rule is the last 3 steaks from a short loin are considered Porterhouses; the distinction b/w that and a regular T-bone is the size of the tenderloin attached. So if you find a good t-bone labeled a porterhouse, unless that tenderloin is massive, you might can save a couple bucks by mentioning how it doesn’t look like Most porterhouses you’ve seen, and offer to buy at the t-bone price. Because I’m awesome, I even label my porterhouses as regular t-bones to keep the price the same.

7 Likes

The store I worked at didn’t differentiate between a T-bone and a porterhouse either. I worked in the meat department for 6 years but because it wasn’t a union shop with a formal apprentice program no one would hire me as a meat cutter when it closed.

2 Likes

Hmmm, well I have a written and physical test I give potential new hires. They can say they been cutting since the days of sawdust and ceiling hooks, or can claim divine intuition. Either way, the test results and the attitude carry the weight.

1 Like

Something I love about yo-yo is for almost any topic you can find an expert who also yo-yos.

2 Likes