Anyone else got some grill skills?

I’ve been perfecting my Q for the past 7 years. Anyone else rocking the low and slow?image

15 Likes

A few more

15 Likes

I tried my hand at smoking some ribs last summer. That was one of the most stressful things I’ve ever done. I couldn’t get my temperature to stay consistent :sleepy:

Ribs came out mediocre

1 Like

Looks good! I do grill daily but I eat mostly chicken. Nothing picture worthy lol. Also I like to taste the meat, not the heat. I’m not a fan of charcoal.

2 Likes

Nooooooooo

What kind of smoker? What area of the US (or world?)?

Everyone can Q dude.

1 Like

thanks now I am super uber hungry. :grinning:

2 Likes

It was a gas box. I’d try it again though

1 Like

Use to, my favorites were smoking extra sharp cheddar, and then I have a bacon recipe that’s making my mouth water just thinking about it.

1 Like

On those pics I’m using a kamado ceramic cooker with lump charcoal. I don’t do the briquettes either because I don’t care for the citrusy lighter fluid taste.

Here’s a few from my Traeger pellet smoker (which I recommend EVERY family owning. I’m so serious. I use it more than my oven.).

9 Likes

Sure, let me just drop $700 bucks on a smoker. :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Lol it’s an investment!

Mines was only $400, and I use it like 4 times a week minimum. Different strokes no doubt though.

3 Likes

Same here. I’m not big on anything smoked either though. My step dad catered smoked meats as a side gig when I was growing up. Had to eat so much smoked food I steer clear as an adult.

2 Likes

It’s definitely on my “Things that I, as a man and a father, should own and use frequently” list.

I have a lot of lists…

9 Likes

Smoking is just one option there. You can totally grill at 400+ no problem. It just uses wood pellets as it’s heat source.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Oh gotchya. I didnt think about that. I just assumed anything with wood would have a smokey flavor.

3 Likes

No, he said “grilling” skills, those are practically raw :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I think it’s the pic those are done to 135

2 Likes

Just messin’ around man, they look delicious!

1 Like

I hope so after culinary school. By the way @HVizier good call on lump charcoal. I use a chimney starter and a couple sheets of newspaper print (not ads) spritzed with veg oil.

4 Likes