Anyone else got some grill skills?

Does toast count ?

1 Like

Nah man I bake desserts on this thing lol

3 Likes

I do steak too :slight_smile:

5 Likes

From what I’ve seen, no-one does grill like Americans.

4 Likes

I’ve actually heard similar things before.

The low and slow barbecue is a part of Americana no doubt, but I’ve had smoked meats from around the world that were quite good.

4 Likes

Australians know how to barbeque, but it’s mostly just drinking beer and burning sausages.

13 Likes

No worries we totally do that too!

4 Likes

:sweat_smile: Sounds like a good time to me!

2 Likes

Yeah I’m a craft beer drinker with a collection that would make most people think I’m crazy.

I also occasionally barbecue. Lol.

It’s the only way to not be an alcoholic and drink beer right? Buy beer so expensive that you can really only drink 1-2 a night?

7 Likes

I can make some mad instant ramen, does that count?

5 Likes

Ribs!

JPEG_20190614_151302

Personal fav

5 Likes

How “mad” are we talking here?

Like Mad Hatter mad? God of War Kratos mad? Anger from Inside Out mad?

Also, are you cooking it on an open flame? That would be so awesome if so!

4 Likes

As mad as you can get, using a stove and everything

I even put in some chopped onions and beef balls. MAYBE even some shrimp and bean sprouts/basil/cilantro…

7 Likes

Cooking freaking MAD over there!!!

4 Likes

Damn this thread has me missing my dad! :frowning: He’s still around, but he moved 450 miles away soon after my mom passed a couple years ago (omg I’m such a debbie downer! lol sorry guys!).

He was always grilling! He wasn’t amazing at it, and it was mostly just hotdogs, burgers, chicken and once in awhile some steaks…
But damn it was good! I miss his grilling SO much!
Once in awhile we’d head up to the mountains (we live at the base of some beautiful montains) with a charcoal grill and grill up some delicious steaks next to a lake or in the middle of the woods.

/sigh…though I keep thinking about picking up a grill and giving it a go…I’m not much of a cooker for myself, and as dumb as this may sound…I don’t really feel like grilling with or for anyone else. It was a thing just for me, my mom and my dad.

5 Likes

It’s not hard to start, and it’s easy to get the basics down.

I’d be happy to try and help if you ever had questions or anything.

4 Likes

:sweat_smile:

Do you have any idea how many shiny green throws 700 can buy!?

3 Likes

Depends, and a Traeger is $400 or less. $700 is a bigger size than I have lol,

2 Likes

I think I need this one in my life…

If for no other reason then to annoy my landlord!

They also have some for around $300 that look to be just about right for just 1 or 2 people. It’s still out of my price range, but really isn’t bad for something that’ll last a lifetime if cared for.

6 Likes

Lol! Yeah I forgot that they made that one!

3 Likes