Quitting

Tomorrow my girlfriend and I are quitting smoking. Wish us luck.

I think if I can make it a whole month with no smokes, I’ll treat myself to a trigger.

3 Likes

That’s an awesome way to put a yoyo incentive as encouragement to stop smoking.

Respect. Hope it goes well.

Good luck. :wink:

It always makes my day when someone decides to quit. It’s even better that two of you are quitting. You can do it and you’ll be glad you did!

If you two make it a month without a smoke, I’ll give you my mint yellow Trigger.

No joke. I am a former smoker and I know how tough this is, and I want you to make it. If you do and you’d like to take me up on it, send me a pm and it’s yours.

2 Likes

Good luck, Waylon. And that’s very generous of you, stookie!

Yuki

Thanks for the support guys! It’s tough but it’s gotta be done. I feel like crap all the time anymore and smoking has a lot to do with it.

Wow, stookie. I’m not sure what to say. That’s super generous and an awesome incentive for a long time smoker like me. Are you sure you can trust me?

Well, can I? ;D

I just assumed you were serious since you made the thread before I made the offer. I suppose you could lie to me, but on the chance it helps you to actually make it that’s a risk I can take. I have plenty of yoyos. You have one set of lungs.

Just let me know if you make it and I’ll ship it out.

Here is a bit more incentive, if your girlfriend catches you or finds out you have been smoking she gets to hit you in the ankle with a yoyo. (Round-about fair play.)

Stookie, that is super cool of you to make such a generous offer. It’s times like these when I realize this is a genuine community we are a part of here and just not random folk talking about spin-tops.

Thank you stookie for being such a supportive member.

Hot water. Seriously, when I quit (some 5+ years ago), I found drinking cups of plain hot water would help settle the nerves. A friend of mine quit the same way - having a cup of hot water whenever you feel edgy.

It’s not about luck - it’s about hanging in there, so “Hang in there, buddy!”

Stookie, I’ve decided to take you up on your offer. One, being accountable to the community in that way is great motivation. Two, a yellow trigger is what I had in mind so it must be fate :)Three, the spirit of the offer has a good vibe to it.

Banjo, ill let her hit me with anything but that Irving pro. That thing has some sharp edges. It’s a real knuckle buster.

Great, I hope you can do it. The first few days are really tough, especially those times when you would normally have a cig like after meals or in the morning. Just gotta push through those, nothing makes that “easy”.

But if you can make it through the first week then your physical withdrawal starts to settle down and it becomes about finding other things to do with yourself so you’re not thinking about smoking. Having a partner to do that with probably helps.

Anyhow, don’t hesitate to let me know if you do it, and good luck.

Wise decision.

Smoking killed my father due to heart disease, and killed a grandmother due to cancer. Their smoking has caused me health problems.

Smoking sucks and injures everyone around it.

So, I applaud your efforts to stop one bad habit and begin a more healthy life. On the plus side, you already have something to do with your hands: yoyo. Also, by both quitting together, you can support each other and get through this.

Thanks Gain everyone. And a special thanks to you, stookie. Tomorrow night we begin. Ill keep a little log of the quest here on this thread. I’m going to make yoyoing as much a part of the process as I can. Ill probably learn a lot more tricks without a cigarette dangling from my mouth as I practice.

good luck and if i were you i would throw away those cigarettes right now so there is no temptation how i see it out of sight out of mind

It’s day one and so far I’m pretty grumpy. Took the girlfriend and kids to the Big Plate Diner for breakfast. Got about 6000 calories in biscuits and gravy in my belly. That makes anything feel better :slight_smile:

Here we go!

Wish my dad would quit. :cry:

Good luck!

My parents quit smoking last year. I’ve seen that quitting makes a noticeable (positive) difference to not only your health, but to your personality as well. :slight_smile:

I bet you hope the trigger doesn’t have a “good vibe” to it! Anyone? Anyone? Meh…enough with my bad jokes…
On topic, my camp counselor was trying to quit…