Quitting

That actually made me belly laugh. :slight_smile:

keep up with nonsmoking imagine how many less health problems you will have less chance of getting… ;D

Made it through day one uneventfully. The girlfriend got some nicotine gum but I’m going cold turkey. I’m thrilled that she’s committed to doing this with me.

I quit on January 6th of this year and did it with the electric ciggarette. If you have a chance to check this out you should. Worked for me. I have no cravings and feel great. I do however dream about smoking all the time. Funny thing is when I am up and moving about I never want one. Best thing I ever did. BTW I no longer am using the electric either only took me a week with the electric to quit!!! You can do it just think positive and be positive!!!

I tried one of those once and it nauseated me and burned my throat. My biggest problem with smoking is that I like cigarettes so much. Substitutes like nicotine gum don’t do anything to help.

You’ll be saving money by not buying cigarettes! Great investment money for a yoyo :wink: Goodluck man! It’ll be good for your body and mind!

Hang in there Waylon. You can do this. Proboscis is right. Think of all the money you’ll have available for extras in life like nice yoyos by quitting. Once you come out the other side you’ll be so glad you did this. Maybe you should stop telling yourself “I like cigarettes so much.” Continue to bear in mind these cancer sticks are your enemy, not your friend.

Hang in there man, we are all rooting for you. We know this is no walk in the park, but you can do it.

I’ve given myself the first two days to feel sorry for myself and eat like a pig. Tomorrow, the workouts begin. Time to clean the pipes.

Instead of telling yourself you like cigarettes, tell yourself you like yoyos, living long, and being healthy better :wink:

Can’t argue with that logic :slight_smile:

You guys are great.

Update: headed to work and can’t shake the feeling I’m forgetting something. Haven’t had caffeine since Saturday either. I’m trying to do away with that as well. I have Slim Jims, Twizzlers, and gum as well as a Shinwoo Techno 2 I just dialed in today and a trusty Raptor in case I feel like frustrating myself with 5a basics.
Strange dreams today including one where I had a casual conversation with Steve Brown in a strange environment.

I’m thinking any face-to-face with Steve Brown would be a strange environment by it’s very nature.

(Don’t get me wrong, Steve Brown is my favorite Pro out there. I think I’d really enjoy his company. I’d probably have to have my nephew give me some body ink first.)

okay thats a little bit on the weird side

I met Steve a few years ago and had a lengthy conversation with him covering a myriad of topics. He’s a super nice guy and pretty modest too.

Good luck with this endeavor. Best of luck to you. Also, weird dreams happen to everyone. I had one the other night where I was having a casual conversation with Geddy Lee, and failed to recognize 2 signs I was dreaming (A clock and a Rush quote if it matters to you).

I love strange dreams. Just took a melatonin. Now I’ll read some scifi until I fall asleep. With any luck, ill sleep off the challenging night I had at work. I’ve always used cigarettes as a crutch to stay awake at work and to cope with stress. Last night I used Twizzlers mostly. I wish I could find some of this Hi Chew I keep hearing about.

:smiley:

Wow. I am not looking for a free yoyo, nor will I accept one, but reading this has inspired me to quit. I’m only 18 and I have been smoking for a year and a half. I have my whole life ahead of me and 3 of my granparents died of cancer and heart disease got the last one. This is something I need to do. Doing it with a fellow yoyoer within the same state as I would be a pleasure. Wow. We picked a bad time too haha. Get ready for a cold, hard, Ohio winter without squares.

Good luck man! We’re all cheering for you to give those cigarettes a swift kick in the butt (pun intended ;)).

Yuki

Get out of the habit while you can, Josh. I’ve been smoking, inhaling, since I was ten. I don’t think I’ve ever gone thirty days without a smoke. Not even when I was “quitting”. If my girl and I can do this (and we will) then you can too. Jump on board.

1 Like

I think I’ll talk it over with the lady and see if we can do it by this monday. If she doesn’t quit it will be darn near impossible for me, but since I recently got back into return tops (way more intense than before), I think they can take place of my smoke times. It may sound weird but I almost get cravings for yoyoing like I do cigs. Sometimes when I’m at work (circle k [convenient store]), I Yoyo in place of smoke breaks and it definitely eases the urge.

I’m certainly optimistic!