Food Pictures!

Post pictures of food you cooked! No point in showing off something store-bought or from a restaurant :wink:

I tried making pizza and it didn’t turn out well…

Then I tried again today :smiley:

14 Likes

Does it count if I’m a chef? Lol

Uploading: AC469A93-BDBF-4CFA-A25E-FA6761AE8025.jpeg…

15 Likes

showoff :drooling_face:

5 Likes

It’s easy to do when you’ve been cooking professionally for 10-12 years lmao I could post a book of photos, but those were the first that came up

5 Likes

I’ve been mom-taught to cook, and I’ve been doing it irregularly for the past 4 years. I’ve mostly been stir frying, but I’ve learned basic skills suck as washing and cutting vegetables and I’ve got experience in following directions on recipes and such and picking the good stuff at supermarkets and such.

tl;dr I’m nowhere near professional lol. Though I can cook for myself and others pretty well. :smiley:

3 Likes

Man that’s more than a lot of people can say! It shocks me how many people don’t know how to cook. I wish there were more recourses out there to teach home cooks some basics. Btw that pizza looks great! I’d slam on that right now lol. Oh and a little secret of the chef world, we don’t really eat all the nice food we cook. It’s kinda funny, most night I just eat left over rice with some random scraps straight out of the pot lol

6 Likes

;-;
There’s joy in cooking for others, but don’t forget to enjoy cooking for yourself lol.

oof but you do this professionally tho

3 Likes

Oh I do enjoy it very much! Just rarely feel like cooking for myself tbh, but if I’ve got some leftovers on the stove after service I’ll chow down on that! Plus when I say scraps, it’s usually some chain off of a ribeye so it’s still pretty good

3 Likes

4 Likes

Are you making the dough yourself?

3 Likes

yep. I couldn’t find the bread machine because my mom was out, so I flailed my hands in it instead.

I think it turned out well.

2 Likes

I agree, pizza dough is tough!

1 Like

At some point someone is going to mention Mandoline.

2 Likes

Yeah probably Bruce Hornsby and The Range

1 Like

I could be wrong but I don’t think Mr Hornsby is singing about kitchen utensiles. There is the bit about “lose it all”, could be shreaded fingers i suppose. :smiley:

4 Likes

Made this T bone last night I was pretty proud of. Seasoned with S&P w/ a little EVOO, pan seared in a cast iron skillet, finished in the oven, topped with sauteed onions and mushrooms and a hunk of butter
I also made some mashed potatoes to go with, but didn’t take a picture of them

4 Likes