Anybody have any fun baking projects this summer?

It’s cherry season in Michigan! I spent the weekend picking cherries with my family, and now I’m getting ready to bake my first pies of the summer!

What are you guys picking/baking this year?

7 Likes

OH! Fresh cherry pie!?
When’s a good time for me to come over!!!? :smiley:

3 Likes

Pies will be ready at 6! Haha

2 Likes

I go back to school on August 8th. My freedom is almost over. :sob:

3 Likes

I’m hitting the road for work on the 8th so I kinda understand, though school was a biiiig time sink. Best of luck to you!

3 Likes

I got good n baked a few times… That’s all I got.

7 Likes

Tanning naked on the beach there Butcher?

lol

I do all the cooking in our house. The wife bakes. She made me a lemon raspberry breakfast cake that was to die for. She’s also trying to master pan dulces of all sorts. The mantecadas were dank, but the conchas need a little work.

1 Like

Ooh that cake sounds excellent. I need to try baking some different things, all I’m good for are pies lol

1 Like

Nah homie, not that kinda baked. Besides, I’m married, so I dont have to concern myself with looking good anymore.

4 Likes

OH!
I get it now! You meant baked as in you’re getting all dried up, wrinkly and old! I totally get it now GrandpaButcher!

4 Likes

Pies are the GOAT. Mrs. usually does not make them because she likes everything from scratch and I guess pie crusts are a pain in the keister? Idfk I don’t bake, lol.

Cake > Pie, this is a scientific fact known to all sentient beings

5 Likes

9 out of 10 dentist agree!

2 Likes

I see we have a comedian in our midst. Also, pecan pie > any cake ever.

3 Likes

Even the boxed crust mixes can be a bit of a pain haha

Y’all who don’t think cakes > pies need to get some fine French pastries in your belly

Maybe like a really light cake. Angel food cake or something

1 Like

Only if it’s Publix cake!!

This exact argument is why the debate is null. To compare the two desserts is apples and oranges. Cakes are delicious, and pies are delicious. No need to be divisive. When I want a bunch of fruit or filling, I go for pie. When I want something for a birthday party, or breakfast, I go for cake.

2 Likes