Spring Rain Rally

Good point Stickman. Here is mine after some “work” I think this looks pretty tight…

Right On mgiroux77 !!..Nice Work !

I would be willing to bet that the native color of the material they use for this YoYo is White, which means they would have one thing less to do to create a White version. I wonder if they are taking any suggestions on their next color !?

If they are, I hope they are reading this thread, because there are plenty of great suggestions here.

We are definitely going to explore lots of color combinations with the rings and the nut and the plastic shell. For the first run we were more concerned with just refining our production process.

We have to order the plastic shells in fairly large numbers so the releases will come in batches of plastic shells, BUT we can and will (starting next run) do a few different options of the hardware color.

We most likely will not repeat a colorway.

Lots of fun coming!

5 Likes

216 district color combinations (colors of the rainbow except I replaced indigo and violet with just purple) of rings, nut, and plastic…

Awesome news David!!! Love this yoyo!!!

Wow… 216x45… 9,720 I think… I’ll be going broke :smiley:

If you could get the same color Orange as the JK NorthStars I’d buy like 10.

Not bright enough, I want this thing visible from the ISS. ;D

Why stop there? How about one that’s bright enough to act as a traffic cone…for aliens

Ok we need it so bright it could guide astronauts through space. These are color combos I’d like to see :slight_smile:

Orange Body /Black Hardware
Orange Body / Blue Hardware
White Body / Black Hardware
Pink Body / Blue Hardware
Black Body,Soda Blasted Clear Hardware :wink:
Green body / Purple Hardware

Neon colors would be dope like OG FH1 prototypes, Neon orange with florescent yellow rings ha

I’ve always hated the color orange. I would like to see black with blue hard ware. Red with grey or black.

I have seen some plastics that have a swirl of colors in them, I think YYJ had some. They are usually special editions. If I remember correctly, this happens when they change colors during the molding process and there is still some of one color in when they add the next. I wouldn’t mind seeing this happen with some Rallys. Could be a cool look.

Magic yoyo has a newer model called the Dark Sprite. It is Glow in the Dark. It actually looks like it is Glowing in the daylight, if the sun hits it directly for a minute or so,

I think a Glow in the dark Rally with contrasting Flow in the dark weight rings would be Outstanding!

Of course, I love glow in the dark yoyos, so if you don’t, then I guess it wouldn’t be Outstanding?

Glow Rally’s…  Oh yeah.

PS, sometimes the material that makes a plastic ‘Glow’ does not ‘jive’ with certain plastics. It seems to interrupt the molecular integrity of the material, causing it to weaken. Since I do not know if the final plastic compound that One Drop uses for the Rally, maybe my dream of a glow Rally is not even possible?

PS 2.  There is a guy in the Community they call ‘Glow Doug’. He has got the most amazing collection of glow yoyos.

Go to.  www.glowyoyo.com        < just to get an idea of what a Glow Rally might look like…coolness

You can even scroll down the left column to my name.  Mo Chavez    I used to cut up/mod many different yoyos, years ago.  I did a special mod for his collection. I used to do a Custom called the ElMo. Consisting of cut down freehand halves and Henry Viper rims. For Doug, I cut up a Glow freehand and fit it with glow Viper rims.

http://www.glowyoyo.com/Mo_Chavez_Elmo_62.htm

PS 3.  This kinda what a Glow rally might look like in the dark(I realize that it is not the same shape, but the Rally has a lot of ‘surface area’ for illumination)>>

http://www.glowyoyo.com/YoYoJam_Night_Moves_101.htm

I can imagine a Glow Rally would really light up.

3 Likes

Oh we need to have Bright orange/bright pink body with neon green hardware.

I just have to say that I just opened mine and the green and black looks beautiful. Also, this thing really is as wonderful as everyone has described. I’d write a review but High Speed Yoyo’s review is already flawless. Holy cow. It’s hard to believe this falls in the category of a plastic throw because it’s something else…those guys at One Drop are pros.

Also, has anybody else experienced a “yoyo burn” from finger grinding this thing? It definitely heats up your finger and kind of burns it. Kind of fun!!

2 Likes

Yup… It is awesome… the finger burn you speak of… hehe I love that feel. Darn thing grings like a beast. My buddy Nick was doing all kinds of crazy grinds with it and it was really heating up!!! got to love that!!!

Mine was waiting for me in my mailbox when i got home tonight. mgiroux77’s description nails it, this guy plays like a BEAST! This may very well be the best plastic I have ever thrown!

Quick question, how does yours sound? My first few throws the Rally was quiet as a church mouse, on my forth or fifth throw suddenly it sounds like C.W. McCall downshifting out on I-35. What is the experience of some others, is your Rally quiet as a wallflower or a gregarious talker?

(Please, no “sounds like you need to clean your bearing” posts if you can resist. I hate the thought of lifting the hood and pulling the plugs on a throw I’ve only owned for about 50 minutes now.

The first thing I did was replace the bearing in mine, it was very clear to me that the bearing they supplied was just a place holder for a better bearing.