Spin top enthusiasts?

I guess I had luck, but both my stb 2.0 and my sophia came dead smooth as well as my two giulias.

2 Likes

Rn I’m thinking about selling one of my giulias.

2 Likes

The only miniature tops i have are those two gold painted dots in the photo, lol.
Made them myself, with only a saw, knife and many sheets of sandpaper!
The tip is a steel rod .
They spin for about 30-50 seconds. Good for something not made on a lathe!

2 Likes

that’s awesome! i love it when people make there own yoyo accessories/own skill toys!

2 Likes

The Short Circuit is a great top to start with and it seems to me people have an
easier time leaning to throw with one than the Elec-Trick, but that is just what I have seen with folks in my local yo-yo club.
I have been throwing tops for around 10 years maybe. You will have to find your own path with which tops you like and the fixed tip/bearing tip question and all that jazz, but the Short Circuit is a good starting point.
Photos of my collection are on a secure server and cannot be accessed.

4 Likes

It all depends. If you want fixed tip go with the short circuit, if you want bearing tip go with the elec-trik. Fixed tip is not useful till you start learning some kind of tricks and regenerations, while bearing tip can get damaged pretty easily if you play on a hard surface

2 Likes

Kevin, I think he just meant your skill toy collection.

2 Likes

My spin top photos are all secret, top secret! You see, most of my tops have been modified to play easier, and if those pics got out and reverse engineered, well , could you imagine a world where children were playing with tops in the streets and parks?! I shudder to think of it.

4 Likes

:joy: wow Kevinm! that’s actually really funny

Necropost

Huh! I thought I was just doing it wrong! Guess it’s not just me.

4 Likes