Tops/trompos

I’m new here, as a kid i always like tops and yo yo. I am a cancer patient and have other health issues so I’m trying to do things and build my strength. I’ve bought several tops lately but in my opinion the duncan rip cord has worked best for me. The fatter plastic fixed tip has really been great. They are easily broken. I’m wanting to know what something compared to the larger plastic fixed tips (it doesn’t make roommates mad) are?

7 Likes

The YYF Short Circuit has a plastic tip, it’s a little smaller and snappier than the rip cord, I like them a lot. Also they are way less fragile! You can get them here and they are under 10 bucks.

The button is terrible, but you can use the Duncan button. Hopefully you have some good string, if not ask around one the spin top forum Ta0 runs at itopspin.com .
Put a wrap of electrical tape around that Duncan where the halves meet or it will break for sure.
This is the top forum on YYE, it’s not super busy… but there are some tips and top info there.
Spin Tops - YoYoExpert Forums

4 Likes

I’ll second the Short Circuit. It’s super solid and performs really well. It’s unreal to me how smooth and balanced they are with no need to balance them. And the slightly larger Elec-Trik is a plastic bearing tip. Awesome as is but can be converted easily to plastic or metal fixed tip with yo-yo factory tip replacement kit. I made mine a metal fixed tip just a few days ago and it has blown my mind how nice it is.

2 Likes

I appreciate you for letting me know, nice info man thanks! Definitely going to get tape and fix one i haven’t broken.

2 Likes

Thanks i am ordering now!

Or use the magic summoning spell

@ta0 !!!

(poof)

Here I am to make your wishes come true. :smile:
But kevinm and the rest have already given you a good suggestion: the Short Circuit from YYF is the best beginner fixed-tip top.
For bearing tip the Elec-trick is ok, but not great. However in that price range there are no really good bearing tops.

2 Likes

I suppose “ask and ye shall receive” applies here. :rofl:

1 Like

Thanks

1 Like

Yes sir.

Spintop battle at nats last night I have a live vid on my insta @milehighyoyo if you want to see some of the action it’s my last livestream from yesterday.

Short Circuit was the top used. It’s a good little top, throws and regens pretty well.

4 Likes

Thanks ■■■■ suck! Just asked for a little info.