Speeder, X-Convict or Frantic

im considering one of these yoyos. which of these are good for 1A? i prefer large bearing and im at expert lvl part 2 :slight_smile:

Seeing that you are at expert part 2, and can bind most likely, you can get any one of these. All are good at 1A.

But the main thing about considering these is the shape and size.
Speeder, X-Convict, Frantic and DM from left to right. (I’m assuming you are using a Dark Magic)(Not drawn to scale, just keep the shape in mind)
http://yoyoexpert.com/product/yoyojam/speeder/view/images/02.jpghttp://yoyoexpert.com/product/yoyojam/x-convict/view/images/02.jpghttp://yoyoexpert.com/product/yoyofactory/frantic/view/images/02.jpghttp://yoyoexpert.com/product/yoyojam/dark-magic/view/images/02.jpg

Frantic is VERY Small. Very Very small. X-Convict is smaller than the DM, but is still around the same. Speeder is the tallest, but narrowest. You might wanna consider going to a shop Cough Spinworkx Cough to look at each of them before buying.

But still, you might wanna consider a Meteor or a DNA, they will feel better in your hands if you like your DM, because of the size.

P.S. Welcome to the forums fellow Singaporean ;D

You will see me saying this to every singaporean on YYE, are you from NJC? I’m from JH105 ;D

1 Like

wow a fellow Singaporean! Thx for the info :smiley: Spinworks is the one at suntec rite?

Yep ;D behind toys R us. Its probably the only place where you will get to touch/buy other yoyos in Singapore. I can’t find any other store that sells any good yoyos in Singapore :-\

Anyway, are you in NJC? ::slight_smile:

Nope, is it a junior college???

Yeah haha ;D Its one of those Sec 1 to JC 2 schools. I’m in sec 1 haha ;D

O.O u are younger than i thought, im 17, in poly :smiley: btw do you know of any place that sells those flowable silicone(those silicone which people put into their yoyo themselves)?

Not sure about singapore. I asked some hardware store owner if they had any flowable silicone, and they were like “What??!” I showed them why i wanted it to put into the groove, and they were like “Super glue?”

Anyway, I use normal, pasty silicone in a tube that you squeeze and spread around. Its harder, but still possible.

Just squeeze some onto a toothpick, and start applying, and make sure that none of the sili gets into the bearing seat. Try to get it to be even. Then, it all comes down to experience. I think you can ask the people at spinworkx if they can help you though.

You can buy some online though. http://yoyonation.com/product.php?productid=16234&cat=0&page=1

The X-ConVict is a very good Yo-Yo, as for the rest are too. It has wide metal weight rings, providing long spin times, a good weight, and stable. This is a unique Yo-Yo, and should be in every collection, and it’s shape is something you rarely see.

The Frantic is my favorite. I would reccommend the Frantic to anyone. It is a new fundaMETAL Yo-Yo from YoYoFactory’s new fundaMETAL series. There are more fundaMETAL’s to come this year. It has a modern wing shape which is very good for long sleep times, a perfect weight, and has a cool feel.

I like the Speeder, too. It is prone to cracking, so be careful with this one. Especially that it got new caps, and I like the new ones better. It is sort of a narrow shape, and has this weight rings, almost nickel-plated, or bronze polished. It is a very attractive Yo-Yo, and is very fast. I think this was the Yo-Yo that held the world record for the longest sleeper.

The Dark Magic is a very popular Yo-Yo, and well-known for it’s greatness. It is signature series of Andre Boulay, the YoYoExpert, and is an amazing Yo-Yo for any intermediate-advanced player. It features very long spin times, cool-looking metal weight rings, awesome grinds, perfect balance, and has flashy caps. It isn’t too small, but a bit big in the hands. It can be responsive/un-responsive, and would be a great Yo-Yo hands down.

I reccommend the Frantic, because it is my favorite Yo-Yo, but it is all preference.

Here’s my list for you without preferences:

Frantic
X-ConVict
Dark Magic
Speeder

Good luck! :wink:

hmm… i think speeder is out of my list now…

I was a hundred percent sure that it was Rick’s Mega SpinFaktor that broke the record last time.

Anyway, your Speeder is very likely to be Vibey. I find that most hybrid response yoyos besides the dark magic are unsmooth.

Yeah…

It is a great Yo-Yo, and is a good choice.

It takes a lot for it to crack, but it is prone. :wink:

I have a speeder and I like it but yeah, it’s vibey and it cracked a the bearing seat. Nothing to bad but yeah. If you want it smooth, the other choices are very good. Can’t give you any details because I never tried them.

Also, can you answer these questions?

1. What size do you prefer? (Big, small, medium, etc)
  2. What shape do you prefer? (Be specific: Round Butterfly, Flat Rims, pointy shape, H-Shape)
  3. What response do you prefer? (Silicone, O-Ring, Hybrid, Pad, etc)
  4. Do you like to mod/maintain it?
  5. Does color matter?
  6. How does your style relate to the yoyo? (What kind of tricks do you like to do?)
  7. What is your price range?
  8. What is your skill level? (We know this already)

I would go with X-ConVict. But that’s just me.

Speeders are prone to cracking.
Dm’s are great for responsive and unresponsive tricks.
Frantics are great for advanced play and a new feel.

The Speeder is vibey, but if you have a good solid throw, it’s not vibey. Sometimes it will be vibey, but it’s still a great yoyo. So is the DM. I haven’t tried the Frantic or X-Convict.

Some YYJ weight ring series Yo-Yos will eventually vibe. I put another response to a thread in this section somewhere, telling mostly my guess on how they vibe.

Some batches are made different than others.

To Mage1432: I’m pretty sure that the only yoyos he has are speed beetles and a Dark Magic. He wouldn’t know the shape, weight, response etc. he prefers yet. It won’t affect him much. Thats why I said what I said.

To SR: All metal rims except the New Breed are good at unresponsive AND responsive tricks. All of the ones mentioned are good for advanced play, and probably new feel, because he hasn’t used it before.

Sorry if I sound rude here.

Rsmod123 is right.

You didn’t sound rude to me, but you’re making a point. Nothing to blame. :slight_smile:

How long have you been yoyoing?

sorry, but a new yoyo’er can do expert tricks, but do them very unsmooth. its important that you build up your smoothness BEFORE your speed or tech.

Me?

January 18, 2009.

It is possible, but a new Yo-Yoer doesn’t have a very high chance of doing Triangle Laceration, or Hidemasa Hook if they never did before.

I started to throw Sleeper then.

What would make you think you could do those, before even learning Sleeper?

Seriously, it would take practice, beginners probably wouldn’t even know what un-responsive is or do a Bind on the first time. :slight_smile: