x-convict, hitman, black knight, or new breed

i need a new yoyo but im not sure which…
i can do all the basics, most of intermediate, and a little bit of the
advanced tricks.

i’m thinkin an x-convict, hitman, black knight, or new breed.

p.s. i can basically bind but i havnt mastered it yet

I’ve only tried the new breed. I can say it’s amazing…but at an experienced yoyoer’s perspective.

I know as a beginner/intermediate player, it’s really tempting to buy new yoyo’s to see what it’s like, though that might not be the best decision.
What yoyo’s do you have currently?

What about Dark Magic? I highly suggest the Dark Magic, it is the most adjustable with some thick lube. With some thick lube, you can make it very responsive, and with some shims, you can make it dead unresponsive. The others can too, but its mainly preference. New breed is not a good choice for people who haven’t mastered their binding, because it will delay your learning time trying to bind, if you can’t bind it properly to wind it up.

I personally think you’d be ready for an X-ConVict. X-ConVict has double o-ring response, which can be responsive-non-responsive, if you dont want it to be responsive, put silicone o-rings in there. Works great! Shims too. Hitman can be Hybrid or o-ring, go with Hybrid. A lot better. X-ConVict has long sleep times, a good size, metal weight rings, and is stable.

Good luck!

1 Like

I like the New Breed, but haven’t tried the others. You definitely need to have binding down for it though.

either x con DM or hybrid hitman. here are the links be sure to watch the videos . http://yoyoexpert.com/product/yoyojam/dark-magic/
http://yoyoexpert.com/product/yoyojam/hitman/

http://yoyoexpert.com/product/yoyojam/x-convict/
the xcon and hitman are made by the 2003 world champ JD.
xcon is a little better than HHM. :slight_smile:

Here answer these questions, they will help us sort the yoyos out.

1. What size do you prefer? (Big, small, medium, etc)
  2. What shape do you prefer? (Be specific: Round Butterfly, Flat Rims, pointy shape, H-Shape)
  3. What response do you prefer? (Silicone, O-Ring, Hybrid, Pad, etc)
  4. Do you like to mod/maintain it?
  5. Does color matter?
  6. How does your style relate to the yoyo? (What kind of tricks do you like to do?)
  7. What is your price range?
  8. What is your skill level?

Also, you need tight binds for a New Breed.

New Breed if you want to bind alot. You’ll probably want this yo-yo more as time progresses for more advanced tricks. Although, I like the X-Convicts feel and shape very much, on its unresponsive setting. :wink:

i would go for the x-convict, its an amazing yoyo and will grow with you for most of the tricks. everything about it is great. and like someone said earlier, you can change the response in it by applying silicone instead of the rubber o-rings.

I have tried all of those except the new breed.

But I can say my opinions of the yoyos…

Vict: Smooth player, grinds very well, undersized so its great for chopstick tricks.
It feels a bit on the lighter side making it a quick, smooth yoyo.
I had to set mine up with thin shims though, without them, mine would snag way often.

Hitman: Very smooth player, has nice rounded rings that work well for grinds, normal sized, great weight to it, feels very solid.
No thumb grinds though.
I play mine stock, you don’t need to do anything to this yoyo to make it play well.

Black Night: Interesting shape, super rounded rings making grinds very easy.
Has the cool dimple under the cap for the finger spins, a cool novelty.
Seems to have a play somewhat like a speeder in my opinion.
Light and quick.
Pretty smooth player but like the vict, I had to put in shims.
Awesome yo.

I have not yet tried a new breed so I cant really say anything on that one yet.

But out of all the yoyos you listed, my fave is the hitman.
A very smooth playing yoyo, that handles all my tricks very well.

Love it.

My opinions.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

J.
:slight_smile:

3 Likes