Need a $40 yoyo

i really want to buy a yoyo dark magic hitman or a X-convict

but i want a yoyo that plays great with everything stock i dont want to buy any shims

Fill out these questions so we can help you find the yo-yo that best fits you.

1. What size do you prefer? (Big, small, medium, etc)
  2. What shape do you prefer? (Be specific: Round Butterfly, Flat Rims, pointy shape, H-Shape)
  3. What response do you prefer? (Silicone, O-Ring, Hybrid, Pad, etc)
  4. Do you like to mod/maintain it?
  5. What weight is ideal to you?
  6. Does color matter?
  7. How does your style relate to the yoyo? (What kind of tricks do you like to do?)
  8. What is your price range?
  9. What is your skill level?

It seems that you have a Kickside right now as your favorite yo-yo. Now, (this is for gm user) the Kickside is NOT a beginner yo-yo, however, many beginners use it as their first yo-yo. It looks like that was your first yo-yo (still assuming, tell me if I’m wrong) and you’re looking into getting another. So, you don’t have preferences yet. I myself would recommend either. The Hitman is probably closer to the shape of the Kickside, but the Dark Magic is a good shape so you can get used to it and be comfortable with more shapes. Hope this helped!

-Mongoriller

I know it’s not on your list but have you considered a YYF PGM v2?
http://yoyoexpert.com/product/yoyofactory/grind-machine

It’s a great player and way under your budget, even shipped!

As far as DM vs 'Vict goes, I would say DM because you already have a feel for the hybrid response.

New Breed.

You need to change the pads after some months though. But that’s no big deal. The New Breed does not need any shimming because it has a monster gap. It is supposed to play great stock.

I agree, i love my new breed and it does not require shimming, it has a huge gap stock. However it does require a bind to bring it back up.

here take a look at the yoyo:

http://yoyoexpert.com/product/yoyojam/new-breed/

-Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Try a Hitman or New Breed.

Hitman is most similar to the KickSide, and the New Breed is a lot bigger.

I would just stare at these options for a while. Then if you really can’t decide, just pick one. If you don’t like it you can trade. If you do like it, then YAY for you.

Gorilla, please don’t link to other sites when this site has the same thing. It’s a courtesy (sp) thing.

Correct ;D

Do not buy a New Breed if you are still developing your skills. Although I love mine dearly and think it is a great player, it is not cut out for developing players like the Hitman, Dark Magic, or X-ConVict. Go for any of those, whichever is in stock, looks nicest, or is cheapest.

If you get the Hitman, get Dual O-Ring, not Hybrid. You’ll thank me later.

Gracias.

And sorry to say this, but I actually prefer hybrid. Both of them will play similarly, so get whichever want you think you might want.

I’d say Legacy… Its half your budget and you might need to work on some binds because the Silicone response is nice and unresponsive right out of the box… Well mine was responsive for a few days but broke in rather fast…

You might not like it at first because of how responsive it is… I know I was like grrr… why wont it bind! But now that Im pushing the doors open on the expert section I love it sooo much more than my 40 dollar dark magic… You’ll be glad down the road…

Now sense this yoyo is half the price, if you buy it you can get string, and maybe synergy caps and even a counter weight set if you want… Or even a second yoyo!

Good luck with your choice

I have a legacy but i really wanted a metal rimmed yoyo. Note i know how to bind and currently own a kickside and a legacy Here are some prefrences i like:

1)Heavy yoyo

2)Adjustable gap so i can play responsive and unresponsive so i can do the sidewinder.

3)i never played o-ring so i can’t judge it.

4)The size to me doesn’t really matter that much.

I was thinking of buying a new breed but i like doing the side winder so can fix the tension of the string so i really dont what to get because hopefully this will be last yoyo

If you can bind, I would hate to see you not get the yo-yo you want because of a simple thing like string tension.

The second method in this video shows you how to do “sidewinder” with an unresponsive yo-yo.  IMO, it’s actually easier than sidewinder itself.

New breed fa show. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :wink: :wink: :smiley: :smiley: ;D ;D :smiley: :smiley: :slight_smile:

where have i seen this before???

i think samad said the same thing in this topic.
though its a rip from samads advice its still good advice

Its not so much a rip off of an idea as a new standard… Really helps narrow the choices…

Alot of us use it now and I even have it saved in a note pad on my desktop for easy copy-and-paste acess… I think Samad probably gets a feeling of accomplishment every time he sees some one using his great guide…

Agreed…it comes from samad, but I also see the same guide from other users

The best $40 yoyo is the dark magic.

its not the best thats just your opinion because some people like dark magic some like hitman and other like x-convicts and so on but what your saying is just your opinion

Get PGM or wait for Counter Attack and/or Protostar.