DM or New Breed?

Hey guys! I was saving up for a new yo-yo, and I’m planning to buy either the Dark Magic or New Breed. Which one do you people think I should get?

P.S. I can sort of bind, but I haven’t mastered it yet. (For New Breed)

If you haven’t mastered a bind, then it will be safer to go with the Dark Magic.

That’s the same thing I was thinking. I’m leaning toward the DM.

Here answer these questions.

1. What size do you prefer? (Big, small, medium, etc)
  2. What shape do you prefer? (Be specific: Round Butterfly, Flat Rims, pointy shape, H-Shape)
  3. What response do you prefer? (Silicone, O-Ring, Hybrid, Pad, etc)
  4. Do you like to mod/maintain it?
  5. Does color matter?
  6. How does your style relate to the yoyo? (What kind of tricks do you like to do?)
  7. What is your price range?
  8. What is your skill level?

Addition- You can always use the New Breed to get uber good at binding because it will be a necessity to have good binds for it. Also, do you like a more rounded or classic butterfly shape?

1.Medium
2.I like the round-ish butterfly. Like the Speedmaker.
3.Hybrid
4.I usually don’t mod my yo-yos unless I need to, same with maintaining.
5.I enjoy orange yo-yos.
6.I’ve heard that the yo-yos I want are good for my trick style. I like to do string tricks, like trapeze, stop and go, and brain twister.
7.Under $50 now, I will spend more when I get better and it’s worth spending $100 or more on a yo-yo.
8. I would say I’m early intermediate; I can do: all the tricks listed under beginner, and I can do trapeze, brain twister, and stop and go. I’m currently working on double or nothing.

I think your Speed Maker is fine for now, once you get a bit better you can upgrade to a bi-metal.

Dark Magic. Its Hybrid and can be responsive/un-responseve.

Do you think it would be better if I waited then asked for it for my birthday at the very end of September?

Well, it depends how good you are then, I think once you get all the tricks in Advanced Part 1 down you will be good to get a Dark Magic or New Breed, but for now your Speed Maker is fine.

Ok. Thanks for the help!

Make sure you buy thick lube with whichever yoyo you are buying. Only get the new breed if you can bind, Dark Magics can be tuned to responsiveness, but the new breed won’t give you tight wind ups if you tug for response. (Both with thick lube)

i would say wait till your birthday cuz your speed maker is alrite for you and get a dark magic and learn to bind with that one

Hi early I answered a DM speeder question and I had to say DM. all 5A and string trick videos on this website use a darkmagic. it is andre’s signature series. The new breed is relatively new so there are still some cons about it that havent been found yet. I would go toward The DM more because itas popular it plays great and, I use a hybrid hitman that has very close size an wieght and it does good for me. remember most of he time it is the player not the yoyo :P. loook at the dark magic video at this link:[color=limegreen]http://yoyoexpert.com/product/yoyojam/dark-magic/ I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Dark Magic all the way!

Off topic, but SR’s siggy fails :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t forget DocRobot!!! (If he’s ever on…)