Need Help

Hi

I am considering getting an xcon

anyother reccomendations?

i know its all about preferance, but i just want long spin times and a cool looking yoyo

its new breed or xcon, or any other sugestions.

i think the new breed might ne a little big

i have a hybrid hitman now and i could easily deal with something a little bigger.

i think i wouldnt like to get another hybrid. just dont really like starbursts

please reply

I vote New Breed… Silicone response is my favorite… Though the one pad is falling out of my NB :(…

I haven’t tried an X-con or X-ConVict (Which Im sure is what your talking about right? They dont make X-Cons anymore). But the X-ConVict has double O-ring… Which is why I say New Breen…

I dont blame you, Im not big on hybrid responses either…

Now lets break it down…

http://www.yoyonation.com/comparison.php

Check that link… Now the New Breed is wider, larger, and has a bigger gap BUT the X-ConVict is adjustable… So you can open it up wider… And if you want a sillicone response and the X-ConVict you can add it into the O-ring recess…

Now the shape… They are kind of similar in how the weight ring fans out but roundness is exposed in the newbreed more because there is more plastic…

Another thing… the X-ConVict has HUGE rings on it… Its almost a metal…

I would suggest looking at those stats and pictures and choosing yourself…

Good Luck!

PS: Sorry about how its more of a rant than a reply but its not even 9 AM here and Im tired…

fill this out so we can help you to the best of our abilities.

1. What size do you prefer? (Big, small, medium, etc)
  2. What shape do you prefer? (Be specific: Round Butterfly, Flat Rims, pointy shape, H-Shape)
  3. What response do you prefer? (Silicone, O-Ring, Hybrid, Pad, etc)
  4. Do you like to mod/maintain it?
  5. What weight is ideal to you?
  6. Does color matter?
  7. How does your style relate to the yoyo? (What kind of tricks do you like to do? Fast? Technical? Smooth? Slacks?)
  8. What is your price range?
  9. What is your skill level?

A new breed is considered big, but its not much bigger than your hitman than you think.

If you like semi-unresponsive yoyos, get the X-ConVict. If you like dead unresponsiveness even with thick lube, get the new breed. (It won’t be DEAD unresponsive, but it won’t be too responsive with thick lube, it has a huge gap.)

They are both awesome yoyo’s. Honestly if you don’t mind it a little bigger then get the new breed. If sixe matters then get the vict. (Technicality…X-Con’s are no longer made. They have been replaced with X-Convicts. Don’t know why but thats how it is.)

Like icthus said, they are both incredible yo-yo’s. I have an X-ConVict, it’s great. I don’t know to much about the new breed, but I’ve heard great things about it, and it requires a bind.

I’d go for a PGM. The new breed is big and the vict has a super small gap. On the vict, the rims allways get dirty, And I hate yoyojam bearings. But if you like big yos I’d go for the new breed, but beware, it is wayyyyyy bigger than the vict. The X-vict seems like a high maintenace yoyo. When I bought it, I needed red shims, sili sticker, new bearing (the origianal one broke in only a month.), and I needed to polish it a lot. Yet even then, people complain of vibe. Luckly mine dosn’t have any. I have a PGM and I love it way more than my xvict. It is realy up to you but I am just telling you how I feel about these yoyos. It is all preferance. Hope this helps! :wink:

Tarnishing happens to all raw metal. And you can polish it.

Care to explain why? I have had no problems with YYJ bearings.

I’d personally go for a New Breed. I really want to try out the celcon/metal combo and it hasn’t gotten a bad word. I’ve never really heard bad things about the X-ConVict until I read the above posts which seems to exclude a lot while being as biased as possible.

In terms of sleep time, you don’t need to worry. As long as you have a good throw, these yoyos will do good enough. If they don’t do good enough, that will only make you practice more, which is a good thing.

Either way, you won’t end up with a bad yoyo.

I have to say, I love my X-ConVict. I have been using for not quite a month now so the bearing is broken in. I am probably going to be moding the responce soon. Because of the gap size the double O rings can cause the yoyo to come back to the hand if you have more than 2 or three string segments in it.

All in all I like the X-Con. I really havn’t had any real problems with it other than it can be a little too responsive for my tastes. The only problem I have had with it is that one of the caps loosened up and made some noise.

I haven’t had the pleasure of playing with a New Breed yet. I know personally I didn’t want to fuss with the flowable silicone. I like the fact that the double rings in the X-Vict gives me an option to either use rings or silicone.

Really I don’t think you can go wrong

But how would i polish the rims?

what kind if any?

The X-convict is a fantastic yoyo.i have had one for about 3 months and i love it. i have not had a single prob with it.It spins for a long time and has a really good weight to it. all this is my opinion. i have 2 YYJ yoyo’s and i have never had a prob with the bearings.Although if you are looking for a yoyo in that price range, have you considered the Audley L3, this again is a great yoyo.and its really good for thumb grinds which can give you a different dimension to your play.

Polishing:

-sand paper
-higher grit sand paper
-even higher grit
-highest grit you can find
-polishing wax

They are really good. The gap is a little small so i would order shims if you want to play unresponsive.

so…wat does sand paper do exactly? wouldnt it just scratch???

and wats the difference between the shims(red and grey)

and how many are required??
thankz

the diff btwn the shims is how thick they are. i’d go for the red shims because they will really open up your gap and change the response. maybe you could shave the orings with a razor, that’s what i do.

thanks for the advice :wink:

but what does sand paper do???
please reply

The sandpaper smooth-ens out the surface.

smoothens? but how would it get rough in the first place?
i thought we were talking about polishing the rims here ???