Someone kicked my yoyo at recess

This is a really hard choice to make of trying to just stay away from him, apologize, or become enemies, because he has been one of my best friends ever since 6 grade.

3 Likes

Start wearing a big black trenchcoat to school and people will start being REAALLL nice to you, going so far as to leave you alone entirely

5 Likes

Most people grow apart over time unless they put extra effort into staying compatible. This is in friendships, relationships and even family. If there isn’t any attempt to keep the relationship alive from both parties or if the differences start adding up then people will grow apart especially in your formative years when things change so much faster in life.

This all to say your friends today most likely won’t be your friends a decade or so down the road. If you feel hurt and misunderstood this might just be one of those times. Enemies is such a silly thing. Rivalry and using energy to spite someone isn’t worth it ever if you grow apart leave it at that.

With that said it’s not cool that your friend kicked your yoyo ad it really wouldn’t matter if it was a yoyo or something else it’s the same issue. Explain how you feel and leave it at that if they keep doing stuff like that then move on in your life and pay them no mind. There’s no reason to allow others behavior to impact you and as you grow up you’ll learn better ways of handling people like that but for now your growing up this isn’t the end of the world and life will move on.

7 Likes

This makes a lot of sense. Use a yoyo that you wouldn’t be upset about damaging when you’re in this type of environment. Kids do dumb things. Especially in environments packed with more kids. It doesn’t necessarily make them bad people. Most times it’s just a maturity thing.

I think ending the friendship may be a bit of an over-reaction and might make you feel worse about the situation. I’d agree with the suggestion to try to describe why it bothers you in a way your friend can relate to. And he might process it better in a different environment where things are calmer and it’s just you and him. Kids tend to act differently in groups and don’t always use their best judgement.

6 Likes

Sorry that happened to you. I remember when I was really young there was this toy recorder called “yak bak.” This girl that lived across the street from me thought it would be funny to smash it off the ground for no reason at all. Some people are just idiots sometimes for no reason. Guess it’s a part of life dealing with people like that the best you can. Maybe pretend you want to show him a new trick called “Eli hops” and nail him one time by accident. :joy:

4 Likes

When I was young I had a “best friend” who actually was kind of horrible to me in retrospect. I hope that this isn’t that kind of situation but he needs to seriously apologize and show understanding of how he made you feel or you guys really need to reevaluate your relationship. Don’t bother being enemies if you don’t stay friends though. That’s a lot of energy that ultimately is wasted on nonsense.

7 Likes

Just remember this always. Hold onto this grudge. And in a few years when yall start driving and he gets a car, you hit his car with something playfully and leave “just a scratch” then you tell him he knows how you felt that time he disrespected your yoyo.

People say “dont hold a grudge” but if you know where to keep it and when to bring it back up, its perfectly fine to hold a grudge.

4 Likes

This is the worst advice I’ve ever seen… don’t hold a grudge that’s sociopath type stuff there.

12 Likes

Ill remember that, Cap

3 Likes

I see what you did there

5 Likes

If anyone ever tries to get in my way of yoyoing, here are my tricks to smack them in the face with:
Godspeed
Horizontal Godspeed
Any form of eli hop
Tie a loop in the yoyo so i can 2a them.

6 Likes

I was just being hilarious. Truth is grudges weigh you down and use too much energy, especially as you get older. We all feel for you. The best advice has already been laid out on here. Forgive, forget, and keep throwing.

7 Likes

Gotta direct what energy remains! I’m not wasting it on nonsense!

2 Likes

Arrrrrrrr
I hit friend with yoyo

2 Likes

Idc who you are or what you or your friends hobbies are, friends do their damnest to not ruin anybody’s stuff. Fair enough, accident’s happen, but you don’t kick someone’s thing and then say “It’s just a scratch.” If there are other scratches and scuffs, fine. Not great, but clearly it’s a practice throw. Mind you, not that that makes it alright, either it’s a cheap throw or easily replaced. Heck, might the newest scratch might just be the excuse you were looking for to replace it.

If they are shoeheads (or whatever people who like shoes are called), I doubt they’d accept “It’s just a scuff” on their shoes they had just spent last night cleaning. “It doesn’t affect you’re ability to wear them.”

Honestly, I’m absolutely incensed they kept justifying their behavior with “it’s just a scratch, it doesn’t affect play.” My scratches are reminders and battle scars to be better, for me and me alone.

My friends have to goad me into making them touch their hobby objects, much less use them. But I know myself, and I like to play rough with my toys. I couldn’t even DREAM of even pretending to kick, and I would expect the same respect.

3 Likes

Forward pass to the face.

Loop it for extra points

3 Likes

Her actions were negligent. My wife knows better than to use any of my knives. She has her own knives that I bought her. You know so we can still be friends.

1 Like

So violence is out of the question?? Ok then remember the old Klingon proverb that says revenge is a dish best served cold. Good luck!

2 Likes
5 Likes

The Latin term is “Jerkus Maximus”.

5 Likes