Some Ideas for Side Effects

Hey gang, had an idea for a side effect shape, and was wondering if you all had some too! Let that creativity flow!

My idea was kind of like the disks, but with a concave surface (like a fingerspin hub or deadeye coin). Still only about the diameter of a dime, so there would be plenty of space around the outside. I’d call it the Danger Button SEs, since your inaccuracy when going for a fingerspin could have… Negative results.

Edit: think mini disk size, but the shape of a Smarty candy. Perhaps even in pastel smarty colors :joy:.

11 Likes

I think that would be cool like a finger spin hub side effect

1 Like
5 Likes

Nice! I remembered someone doing that but couldn’t find the thread. Any other SE experiments since then?

1 Like

Smarty ( concave side effects )

Sweet and can be Sour if you miss.

Maybe a little bigger like. A concave Bottle Cap candy size. Since we are using candy references.

Like these? For use with Lego SE

4 Likes

I just want stunt pegs.

6 Likes

Meee toooo!!! From the very second I laid my eyes on em :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Sort of! Unfortunately they tend to split at the hole and not stay put. A full Al would likely work far better.

3 Likes

I’ve always wanted ultra-ultralights. Lower mass. Less material. Maybe shorter axle. Something like that.

2 Likes

Hmm maybe titanium short axle for minimum weight! Lol $99 Side Effects.

2 Likes

I would like to see some form of hubstack SE

2 Likes

It would be awesome. @Kray made some printed ones he linked up there for us. They look super fun! Wonder why they never did it.

1 Like

Superglue/silicone those bad boys in place.

They did, they’re called the “RSMs”, apparently there aren’t a lot of them out there, they were super heavy, 11 grams. Although I think they could make a lighter version that is similar to the YYF hub stack post.

But honestly, I don’t think they have any interest in doing that.

1 Like

Oh yea look at that, they look like modified ultralights

“Fat Caps” that are around 3.8-4.2g Basically something inbetween an anti-yo and flat cap.

2 Likes

Didn’t know I needed these until I saw this. Love how the Anti-Yo SE looks but also never going to pay that much for some SE. If you’re gonna add more center weight, why not do it with the awesome oldschool fat hub design tbh.

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t know how the Anti-Yo side effects feel in play. I like the look, but there’s no justifying the price for me either.

My reasoning is more so weight.

Pegs, Code1, and Anti-Yo are all “discontinued” in my eyes.

Aluminum Energy Domes: 3.5 grams
Aluminum Stunt Peg: 4.0 grams
Aluminum CODE1: 4.0 grams
Aluminum Anti-Yo: 4.7 grams
Aluminum Mini Disk: 4.8 grams
Brass Ultra Light: 5.2 grams

Between 3.5g and 4.8g there’s no side effects in that weight zone.

2 Likes

Stunt pegs are overrated. Although rare, there is a reason for that. What do you do with them that is fun?

2 Likes