Side Effects

are the metal hubs on the Antidote side effects? can they be replaced?

1 Like

They aren’t, and probably they can’t be removed withouth breaking the yoyo

2 Likes

ok, good to know.

1 Like

Looking for someone, anyone, to tell men the pros and cons of side effects as far as the throw is concerned

:pensive:

1 Like

i… i’m so confused.

1 Like

Lol just another way of having an axle. Less friction faster throw? Less of a chance of damaging the Yoyo? I don’t know…

1 Like

are you meaning to ask me the Pro’s and Cons of the Side Effects?

Yes yo-yos that have them what are the benefits of having a Yoyo with side effects vs a regular Yoyo.

1 Like

i haven’t tried a yoyo with Side Effects.

I have one. It I can’t bring my self to use it cause I think it’s too cool. So it just sits there in the box lol

1 Like

Use it! that’s what yoyos are for! as long as you use it maybe, over carpet, you should be fine.

1 Like

Problem too. What about grass?

1 Like

grass should be ok, but don’t use it over a part of your yard that has a ton of dirt, if you do use it over dirt, and accidentally hit it on the ground, you might get dirt in your bearing.

1 Like

I pulled a wedge out of the box yesterday. Bearing SILENT! I can’t tell when the spin is slowing down it was kinda creepy.

1 Like

Yep! some bearing, like Platinum, are very quiet.

1 Like

I feel like messing around with stuff when you’re bored is a good way to you throwing.

1 Like

With side effects, you can change weight distribution (amount of rim vs Center weight). Also, if you manage to strip a side effect, no big deal. You can buy a new set for $12 (vs needing to retap a regular axle yoyo to a bigger size axle). You can also alter the look of the yoyo to suit your mood - there are many shapes & colors to choose from).

4 Likes

Messing around with yoyos is very fun.

1 Like

Does this include the bearing seat, if it gets ruined?

:face_with_monocle:

1 Like

If a yoyo gets Stripped, it usually means the axle seat, and/or the axle got stripped of it’s threads, if you strip a yoyo, and the bearing seat is messed up, you nstripped it bad.

2 Likes