Side Effects

Have any of you guys checked out skyline? Can you grab it by the hub stacks while it’s spinning and move it around?

1 Like

i haven’t tried it, but i’m pretty sure you can.

I wonder if that’s effective for trying to figure out how to do some tech tricks, or if it’s not that useful

1 Like

I have a different hubstack yoyo, but, yes, you can hold the stacks while the yoyo is spinning and change orientation of the yoyo, do pull starts, all sorts of crazy things that are just plain fun.

2 Likes

Does the rally have side effects?

1 Like

I will check when I get home, but, as Peyton said, if you messed up the bearing seat on a regular axle yoyo, it was messed up bad.

I believe the bearing post is on the side effect (I seem to remember this was a benefit to One Drop since ano can mess up tolerances for the bearing post). Again, I will confirm this when I get home.

3 Likes

Sweet I’ll await your reply

No. The rally hubs aren’t technically side effects (in that they aren’t designed to be removed and swapped out). I think the rally hubs are a complete package - bearing seat, post, axle hole. I don’t know if the Rally axle is fixed in one hub or if it is a free axle. I’m sure there are many people who can answer that

What’s the post? Is there a website I can go to or a YouTube video about Yoyo anatomy?

You watch these reviews; what does it mean when they say a yo-yo is fun vs a yoyo is competitive. What is fun?

Hubstacks are exclusively YoYoFactory & Side Effects are exclusively One Drop. There are variations on Hubstacks on yo-yos and I think there are even Side Effects that act like hubstacks out in the wild.
I’ve been out of the loop but the only YoYo I’ve seen have side effects from a brand that isn’t One Drop is a collaboration between One Drop and CLYW to make a YoYo called the Summit. And like some of the previous comments side effects are for looks, different weight distribution as side effects are made out of different materials, and the ease of changing a broken axle.
Side effects are really cool but aren’t game changing competitive wise for the most part. When CLYW and OD we’re making the summit they were debating weather light or heavier by 0.5 grams was better. This wasn’t regarding any side effects though.

1 Like

Looking to get my hands on some. Could you guess where?

You would have to find one that would pop up on a BST somewhere. According to Paul Dang they were hard to Machine.

Sorry newb here… what’s BST?

1 Like

They are labeled purple on the Forum home page! :smile: It means buy/sell/trade. So you would have to buy it second hand from a yoyoer that is willing to sell it. You can also make a new post with Buy/Sell/Trade as the topic and title the Subject as “LF One Drop RSM Side Effects” and state if you would be willing to pay low or high for them. It’ll be a shot in the dark but it doesn’t hurt to try. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Trust issues… lol

1 Like

Yeah I understand. If you do make a transaction on this site through the BST I recommend that you pay through PayPal and pay with Goods & Services because that’s a good way to request money back if you didn’t get what you ordered. Though a good way to tell if someone is good on trades is to see how many trades they got, how many different people they dealt with, and if they got many positive reviews!

1 Like

Ah yes… thnkx

1 Like

It’s a production method to solve a problem OD saw with existing axle designs. It has little if any effect on the performance of the yoyo.

3 Likes