Some Ideas for Side Effects

They’d still be heavy because bearings and stacks are heavy. I’ve made some RSMs from energy domes before, and do make them to order, just may take a while. One side effect I’d like to see is a longer spike, would be better to grab for matador stuff.

6 Likes

The weight gap between the common AL and Brass SE’s needs some love.

I have no idea how I’d incorporate the pegs into play, but I’d sure have a lot of fun trying to figure it out!

2 Likes

Beautiful!

And yes really long spikes would be amazing. like a full 10mm spike height.

Would it be possible to add ‘rim weight’ by making a sort of steering wheel shaped SE? Probably wouldn’t fit in all models, but something that sort of looks like those cutout Sengokus?

Probably add 20g total now I’m thinking about it but it would probably look and feel incredibly unique (in a bad way, lol).

What if you used a slimmer bearing and an o-ring to lock in the bearing instead of the bolt. That might shave a bit? Depending on if the slimmer bearing would be an option…

Eh you’d be successful in removing half a gram at most. Smaller hub caps would be better in reducing overall weight. Still quite a bit more weight however.

2 Likes

Just got an overly complicated idea. A poi-style plastic ball (itty bitty of course) with an LED in it. Like maybe the majority of the ball screws off of a small threaded SE head which would allow you to remove it when not in used, and also change the tiny battery.

Magnetic side effects.

Shouldn’t that exist already?

Just a strongly magnetic base that you could stick other stuff to, like compatible hubstacks, spikes, or other fun stuff.

1 Like

Yes! My stupid glowy ball idea could stick to them as well!

1 Like

Always wished for this.

If you had two magnets on each side of the hub, you would essentially turn the yoyo into a responsive throw.

1 Like

pyramid shaped side effects, pentagon, octagonal shapes, crowns, jewel cut facets on a spike or dome, etc, a nautical star, or other star shapes, flat caps with OD etched on them.

stuff with even more steez.

3 Likes

that would be a sick way to add response with steel bearings, and full ceramic bearings could overcome it.

2 Likes

Knurled flat caps

Concentric hole pattern on ultra-lights for super-ultra-lights (pic for visual)

Just some ideas.

2 Likes