Sochi dispicable service

Fair warning. Buyer beware.
Sochi is the absolute worst in customer communication as well as customer service .

I purchased 2 of the large acrylic display cases in early June $110/ case. When they finally arrived one of the cases was damaged. After contacting them about the damage, it took several weeks for a response, and they tried to say it was the fault of the shipper(DHL). Contacted DHL opened a damage claim and sent the information back to Sochi so they could process the claim and either a refund or replacement. Here we are mid Aug. and Sochi still has not made good.

5 Likes

Yea, I ordered strings from them direct and after a month of no tracking info or strings in the mail, I tried reaching out to them via the contact form and email on their site. Nothing. I finally got a response on Instagram and they said if they don’t show up in a month to let them know. Well, another month passed and I let them know and no response. They just showed up a few weeks later. Great.

The main reason I stopped buying their strings because their quality control is awful. I’ve had 100-packs that had maybe 20 usable strings. The rest were twisted up so bad you couldn’t use them without ripping your hands up. Maybe I got unlucky, I dunno. Kitty is my go to now.

4 Likes

Damn definitely good to know. I was looking at buying some of their string.

Are they active on here? Im waiting for a damage control response haha

I dont think youre getting that. Just let it be and dont buy from them again.

1 Like

Not to dogpile any further or anything, but where the hell did those 2, 6, and 12 cases that were “en route” to YYE and other stores ever go? That was months ago now too. Yikes.

3 Likes

I ordered a case straight from the site and it is almost a month now and it is still in transit. I don’t know when will I received it lol

Not sure why it shows a like from me on this thread. I must have accidentally hit it while reading the thread and haven’t had any luck removing it. I have no experience with the company or products.

I thought Sochi was a well-respected company. What happened?

I bought 2 100 packs from them a long time ago and was going to go with them again once I ran out but not so sure anymore. Pretty unfortunate, it’s by far my favorite bulk string.

1 Like

Just buy it from YYE and you should have no issues as they have great customer service.

10 Likes

I ordered a case from them directly. After no tracking for 2 weeks I emailed them and told them I needed to cancel my order due to that I was leaving town for a couple weeks and my building won’t hold packages. Never got a response. Wound up checking my mail one last time before leaving town and it arrived earlier that day. Not as bad as others experience, but I’ve still yet to receive an email response back.

1 Like

Abso-lutely. Some of the Sochi strings I returned came from here and the return/exchange process went super smoothly. YYE is the best!

2 Likes

Quality wise I’ve had good luck with their looping strings, Loop Spinner yoyo and of course they manufacture Alphaline strings in colab with Zipline but I get them from YYE.

welp, wish i’d seen this before also ordering some of their large acrylic cases the other day :grimacing:

also if it’s the fault of the shipper it is on them to take up the case with the shipping company that they used to ship the goods to you; it’s their responsibility to get the goods to you as promised in the condition stated, in this case new and undamaged.

4 Likes

The case itself, if undamaged is great.
You are correct it is the Shippers burden. After I gave them the damage claim # from DHL that should have been it. Luckey, the owner, dragged his feet, lied to me about working with DHL on my claim, and has insinuated that I might be â– â– â– â–  out of luck. My issue is the failure to communicate promptly and most important honestly.

3 Likes

That’s awful, I’m sorry you’re in that situation and I hope it works out for you. I’m going to go ahead and try to cancel my order. Fortunately I paid with a credit card so I can do a chargeback if I need to.

2 Likes

Simple solution to the problems you guys are experiencing. Simply Skype directly to Customer Service and ask for the Manager>

Piece a cake…

Is Sochi a Russian company? Things are VERY tricky for Russian biz right now…

I believe the founder of sochi is from either Canada, China or Japan. I tried googling it but couldn’t find out much info. So I couldn’t say where the company is currently based. Fairly sure its not Russia though

2 Likes

Ah, thx. I’m in Germany and have seen the tangles of sanction compliance first hand