Yoyo community/buyers beware of SOCHI

I paid SOCHI for two yoyo display cases. It took them a while to send the cases so I emailed them about it… they responded to my email asking where the product was by saying they were on chinese new year. Since then they have become unresponsive. I have sent several emails and its been months since I ordered. This is beyond unprofessional. I am really disappointed to say the least. So just wanted to do the right thing and let everyone know to beware of these people robbing the community. Will be reaching out to the credit card company today.

4 Likes

Last year I ordered a small case from them. Took a month to arrive. Emailed them and got no response. All that said, it did eventually arrive. I wouldn’t be worried about stuff never showing up, but they definitely are slow and hard to reach.

2 Likes

It’s kind of been a known thing for a while that Sochi direct customer service is very poor and shipping can be slow at times. Also not that it excuses it but I believe it’s just one man running the whole thing.

There’s been tons of complaints about really slow shipping and poor communication but I don’t think I’ve heard of anyone not eventually receiving what they ordered. A few months is quite a while though but I don’t think unheard of from them. Good luck

5 Likes

Sochi is a company that you will se once but never again. You can also get their products off of yoyoexpert but if you want to make a complain to sochi then don’t expect a great response.

wait what?

1 Like

Well acording to buyers, they dont do so well in customer service

2 Likes

I might buy some sochi string from yoyoexpert though. If mir uses it, obviously its goo :smiley:

idk man. i just wouldnt buy from their site. youd prob be safe buying from YYE. honestly i just dont think ill be supporting them again. its not fun having to go through all this calling the cc company and whatnot.

1 Like

I will say the Chinese New Year is a very real thing and it stops all work for weeks then all that work that wasn’t done is in a backlog. I’m not excusing the lack of communication but I understand they are very likely just very behind and trying to catch up.

5 Likes

Yep, this was my experience a couple of years ago. I ordered strings from them direct and had to wait several months and track them down on multiple social media sites to get any response. Also, their QC sucks and their strings have a weird film on them so I stopped buying them.

2 Likes

i think being unresponsive is an especially toxic trait when had by a company like this

don’t mind me.

5 Likes

If they want to be on vacation I don’t blame them.

This has nothing to do with being on vacation or celebrating a holiday. I just checked my email and my order was placed in November and didn’t even ship until February after I made multiple attempts to contact their support. This is just bad business.

4 Likes

I dont disagree a company should communicate, was just bringing awareness to the culture as a lot of americans don’t know.