Sochi dispicable service

China

You can still get string from them if you want l0l. this is just this guys experience

I think it was the principle of buying from a company that has obviously not taken care of its customers

Update on my case:
Sochi system made a mistake in shipping country instead of sending mine to US, it shows as UY ( Uruguay) and due to unmatched address, the delivery cannot be made and was sent back to the company. Already sent email and claimed on Paypal for refund but it seems the owner (Luckey Li) has not responsed back to me in last 48 hours.

For what itā€™s worth Sochi is just a single person running this out of their apartment in China inbetween having a normal full time job. I feel like between language barriers, lack of free time from their day job, and not having full scale commercial shipping options, I can see where the issues stem from.

That being said Sochi really should consider just removing all direct sale options considering the issues with shipping logistics and communication. Itā€™s one thing to have understandable issues, itā€™s another to continue to operate without addressing these issues while theyā€™re actively affecting the customers negatively.

5 Likes

Yikes man.

I noticed Luckey Li was a judge for the OWYYC this year. With all the issues everyone seems to currently have or has recently had with Sochi, I donā€™t feel like that is a position he should be allowed to keep whilst not being in good standing with the community. I love the strings to death man, but you shouldnā€™t be running a business if you donā€™t know how to run a business. And you definitely shouldnā€™t add judging a yoyo contest to your plate if youā€™re trying to figure out (or not doing anything figure out) issues with your business. Maybe someone on the IYYF should look into it - just a thought.

Sad.

1 Like

MFD Vines are better quality than Sochi, and better customer service.

4 Likes

Monkeyfinger also is a one man company with a full time job doing yoyos on the side. There is no excuse for poor customer service, that includes such behaviors as lying to and threatening your consumers.

I didnā€™t excuse their behavior. Also shipping from Canada and Ray having English as a first language makes MFD not a great comparison.

1 Like

So, Iā€™ll update here as well.

After posting this I replied to my order email asking to cancel.

I received a response from Luckey 14 hours later, asking why and saying it was already shipped out.

I replied I never got an email about shipping and asked for a tracking number

I received a response within a few hours apologizing and saying it had been shipped Friday and that I would receive tracking on Monday (this was on a Sunday)

I replied thanking them for the apology and that I looked forward to receiving tracking on Monday.

Monday evening I sent a follow up email asking if I could get the tracking number.

I received a reply 8 hours later with tracking saying it should arrive within a week.

I received my cases in the mail that Friday, sooner than expected.

Everything arrived extremely well packaged; each case was wrapped in cling wrap, then in bubble wrap, then surrounded by styrofoam, and in an individual box perfectly sized to house all of that. Each little stand inside each case was individually bubble wrapped as well.

The only damage was two stands within the case arrived broken, even with all the protective packaging. Both were in a corner slot of a case so I guess that section just received more force than the rest of the case. A 2% break rate of the internal stand is fine with me considering the international shipping and not being sure if I was going to use those stands anyways (since Iā€™d have to take the string off a yo-yo to use it).

All in all, Iā€™m very pleased with the cases and the service I received.

One thing Iā€™ll note is that the cases shipped via FedEx and not DHL. I donā€™t know if itā€™s a recent change after the issues with previous orders or if mine was a one off due to the number of cases.

Anyways, here they are in all their glory, I canā€™t wait to fill them up.

And hereā€™s the broken stands. One or both could probably be fixed with superglue.

1 Like

The cases are spectacular if undamaged. Were the individual stands also individually wrapped? Mine were and still 1 arrived broken. Yes they can be glued. My point on this is for$110 +shipping you shouldnt have to glue anything. From my experience the glue reacts with the acrylic and leaves an ugly ā€œscarā€.

Slow shipping is/was not the issue. Customer service is. Let me be clear it wasnt a languge issue or misunderstanding. I filed the damage claim, passed tje info to the company and he did and has donr NOTHING!
I currently am working with Paypal to recieve my refund since he has failed to follow up after saying I would be refunded directlyā€¦
That was 2 weeks ago

Yes, all of my stands were individually bubble wrapped. Was the only damage to your case a single stand?

No, not just the stand. The corners of the case where the magnets are set had been broken out so the lid couldnt close properly.

UPDATE: ONLY after getting Paypal involved, I am being refunded for the damaged case.
Thank you PAYPAL!

Bad Service without a good recovery sure can create a ā€œBad Vibeā€ ā€¦ sub- B Grade.