Excellent transaction w/ yoyodoc

The yoyo was packed with the kind of care you’d expect from a museum curator packing up a treasured artifact. And it was mailed swiftly to boot. :+1:

8 Likes

i want to give a huge shout out to @yoyodoc for a swift and professional trade! everything was packed secure; everything was pristine and as described; and the man is a gentleman, scholar, and wealth of knowledge of immense proportions (this should not be a surprise). all aces up and down the boards… thank you sir, it was a humble pleasure.

6 Likes

+1 on a great transaction with YoyoDoc. He was nice enough to sell me something I was looking for in what very well might be the most professional exchange I have experienced in the yoyo community.

4 Likes

dude is an ace for sure!

4 Likes

@yoyodoc is the real deal. He has the best communication I’ve ever experienced with any online transaction. He was so kind and helped me get one of my grails (A-RT 420) and even sold it to me at a very fair price. I don’t even have the yoyo in hand yet but im so blown away. Would do business with you anytime @yoyodoc. Thank you :pray:

3 Likes

how do you know he didn’t misunderstand and isn’t sending you some of those left-handed cigarellos? this is california, man? @yoyodoc is the straightest and coolest cat on earth. quick with a joke, and a light of your joke, and there’s no yo that he’d rather you’d see…

2 Likes

Well, I’ll share a negative experience I had with Yoyodoc.

Yes, I know. I am Yoyodoc. But no matter; it was a test.

I wanted to rate myself. And sadly it was a total failure.

I decided to sell myself an expensive yoyo. A Turning Point Mustang.

I know they are amazingly good and hard to come buy. So I sure wasn’t going to give it away.

So I sold it to myself for $650. And I was stupid enough to actually buy it.

Not done yet… I put the Mustang in an old shoe box. No packing. Just let it roll around.

I was too cheap to include a string.

No tape… I just tied the box shut with some old yarn I found on the sidewalk.

I have 2 houses a block apart, so I just decided to mail it to myself. I didn’t mail it until 5 days later. and boy was I unhappy about it taking so long.

Finally I just put it in the truck and drove around the block 20 times because I didn’t bounce for express delivery. So I didn’t want it to get there too fast. I sat the box on the porch and drove back home.

I came back later and to my surprise, the box was still there. I didn’t even have the correct address on the box. So I was very shocked it actually made it.

So, I take the box into the house. I cut the yarn and open it up… No string. No packing. No note. Just 2 ounces of yoyo and 4 pounds of sadness.

I guess my lesson is that this hobby of mine, I call, Grail Mail; only works when I send stuff to other people. It is something I have been pretty quiet about doing for years now. I check the BST here and there and locate individuals that are ‘looking for something they seem to really want’.
Sometimes I will wait several days to see if they get their Grail. So other people will have a chance to sell or trade their stuff. Sometimes I will contact the person and tell them what I have. But I suggest they look for other possible deals. And if they come up empty; then get back to me.

I try to sort out end users from resellers. I never overcharge for yoyos I have. I don’t hold them hostage for high dollars. I can usually tell the difference because now and then, somebody will get back to me and either Lowball me. Or ask ‘how cheap will you let it go’? I don’t play that.

But if you ever talk to somebody that has dealt with me; you will see the pattern.

I really appreciate the positive feedback from you guys. Grail Mail is a rewarding hobby to me.

Trust me… I have no shortage of yoyos.

PS… Obviously, the story about me sending myself something is completely false… But I thought a little low grade humor wouldn’t hurt anybody.

I should have put a string in the box, though😉

15 Likes

Great experience with @yoyodoc we had some minor difficulties but in the end it all worked out and I am extremely happy with my purchase! Would do again

4 Likes

i would like to mention that i take full responsibility for the difficulty @griffin described. i had traded @yoyodoc several months ago a caribbean life. i’d received it, not being aware it was a glitch, therefore i never checked… i also never asked. that was an a$$hat moved on my part. and, my fault, and responsibility.

i apologize to everyone involved, and the community. i try really, really hard to make sure i don’t eff things up - i don’t want to hose anyone… or send stuff to the wrong places :man_facepalming: but i will make damn sure if i screw something up i will fix it.

if there is an issue down the line when you folks bst with me, please reach out!

again, i apologize @griffin, @yoyodoc, and yye…

9 Likes

Posting about another great sale from yoyodoc. He reached out and sold me a bowl mini after searching for a while. Great dude to deal with!

5 Likes

I recently purchased a very nice throw from @yoyodoc. Mo has been around the yoyo scene since the beginning, just like me! :grin: He had great communication while dealing with some difficult issues in his life. He is as trustworthy as they come! :+1: Thanks Mo

3 Likes

This guy is absolutely the best! He’s bought from me when I needed money to pay bills and sold me a yo-yo I was looking for forever! I can’t say enough about how much he’s an asset to this community. If you have the chance to do business with him you won’t be disappointed!

5 Likes

Like others above, @yoyodoc sold me a yoyo at the top of my to get list that I was looking for forever. Was willing to address my shipping concerns, shipped quickly, packaged well, and kept me updated. Reliable, honest and tries hard to do things the right way. Thanks again!

2 Likes

I am surprised this thread is not just flooded with positive reviews. Doc helped me obtain a grail yo-yo at msrp. Considering the small production run and ravenous collectors this was a kindness I did not expect. Doc also delayed shipping a couple days since I was out of town and did not feel comfortable having it sit around. Top tier conversation, packaging, and quality.

3 Likes

traded my Ti for their Kagerou, great guy very reputable!

2 Likes