So many Turning Point…

What’s with all the Turning Point for sale posts? It’s not a brand I’m familiar with in the slightest but I keep seeing new FS posts pop up.

Are they holding value and still desirable in a difficult market or am I imagining a mass sell off?

2 Likes

My understanding is that people enjoy them BUT the designs aren’t for everyone and are very polarizing(for example, collapsar is well over 70g and mostly rim weight)

2 Likes

You’re imagining things. Turning Point is a popular brand that’s sold a lot of yoyos. People (me included) are just selling yoyos they aren’t playing, the same as any other brand.

8 Likes

They just sold a handful of Mustangs on here ($470 before shipping/tax) in a matter of seconds so I’d have to say they’re still very desirable in this market lol. On another note I’m kinda happy they’re popping up more on here because I’m thinking about trying one and seeing if it’s my thing without dropping my rents worth on one lol

5 Likes

I will say I have been seeing a lot of them for sale lately. Like probably more in the past month than the previous 6 months.

Of course this is all anecdotal. I have not compiled any sort of data to support this claim. But it seems this way.

2 Likes

If u get one u will be happy amazing throws they hold great weight and are awesome i have hinemosu, ASTER just got it wow its amazing the steel and titanium rims are somethin crazy how they did it these are my top throws as of now yes expensive but worth it

something

6 Likes

Really good competitive designs, made by/for some of the best players. Small runs and a high quality design standard helps retain that $$$ as well. if they were bad they wouldn’t have the cult following around their releases like they do, with folks fiending after the next release.

Technically the price if we compare it to other releases it’s a bit outrageous at times given that the average bimetal release typically runs ~1/3-1/2 of a release. Considering they use 6061 not 7068 on top of that. But you are getting a high quality product regardless and in this case are 100% paying for a brand that reinvests heavily into prototyping and design work.

4 Likes

I agree with your reply they will hold $$ really well and i think maybe throwers wont like the weight on these amazing throws its not for everyone

3 Likes

I’ve definitely been on the TP train lately thanks to @ExYoyoAddict and @suspense, and I gotta say… everything I’ve played from them is top notch. They seriously don’t make a bad yoyo.

And the Palp ES I got today is just a total testament to that. Such a high quality, well designed yoyo. I tried one a few months back and knew I had to get one - it’s a tech powerhouse and a performance beast that makes you want to just get better and better so you can use it to its full potential.

However like a few said, I don’t think they’re for everyone. I think some of the collector crowd is mistakenly attracted to them since like @MaximShoots said - they’re expensive, have a cult following, do small runs, and are hard to get in the US (basically some of the same core aspects of a yoyo that makes collectors drool all over the place and rush to their wallets). But make no mistake, these are PLAYERS yoyos. The generally higher weight on most of their models allows for a level of control and stability not found on much else. Sometimes lighter yoyos can be “too fast” and thus harder to control when things are really going, but when you’re using a TP, there’s no mistaking that you really FEEL what’s happening at all times, and it never gets away from you/out of control. This is an absolutely critical thing in a comp when the slightest error or loss of control for even a second can make or break your placing. Plus, those wide SS rims on the Palp give stability for days. I can go longer on horizontal combos than I can with pretty much any of my other yoyos without much effort with the Palp. But above all else, it really is a tech oriented yoyo - and most collectors don’t strike me as huge tech guys. So while on paper TP has a lot of the typical collector “bait,” I think a lot of those cats get these throws and realize they don’t jive with them and would rather throw a light, floaty, organic (which is cool too, everyone enjoys the hobby differently). And that’s what you may be seeing happening a little bit.

But at the end of the day… if you want to know what it feels like to have maximum power rushing through your veins, if you want a yoyo that has serious, serious balls to it… get a TP.

5 Likes

Nice post, I want to try a TP from ages, never had one and never tried one, I see that they have also more “economic” solutions (in the 80$ range), I was about in those days to open a post to ask which one in this range was a good one to try and have an idea of the brand, for me the bimetal and similar goes way over my wallet and what I want to spend for a yoyo, I have no doubt them are great but far from my range, so I wanted to try a monometal also I am quite a tech guy in playing and I was curious to see what I can do with one of those!

3 Likes

In the budget range for a TP, I would recommend the St Elmo which goes for around 40-60. It has the general TP shape and good weight distribution and is great for a first TP to get a taste of what the brand has to offer

Otherwise, I am definitely a TP cultist :grimacing:

3 Likes

Curse you people…now I want a Turning Point.

3 Likes

Hahaha get one u will like em if u want power stability control u wont be DISSAPOINTED be prepared for 66 to 80 grams of unlimited powaaaa. Lmao

1 Like

They are selling quick guys … i think a few hades ,hinemosu, ASTer are available

1 Like

Currently 2 yoyos are making their way toward my home. Once they arrive I’ll seriously start thinking about finding me one I think.

I do love power stability and control :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is what I mean. There are 3 FS/LF posts right next to each other. Haven’t seen that before for TP.

1 Like

LF is Looking For, so he wants to buy one, the other 2 are sale post, I think sometimes people just need money and usually Turning point are quite expensive yoyo and easy to sell and don’t lose too much value.
I see this a lot for expensive brands, if you check everyday here we can see some RSO for sell, I think people want to try new stuff, buy, sell and also sometimes just need money for the bills

4 Likes

Two yoyos being sold next to each other is part of what makes you think there’s a mass sell off?

People are just selling yoyos they aren’t playing. Consider how many people sell One Drops/YYRs/etc. This is normal.

3 Likes

Turning Point really sucks. In fact, they suck so bad that someone should sell me an Awoken Anubis and a couple of Mustangs for $50 each. Get in touch!

My point is: prior to a couple of weeks ago I rarely saw TP for sale and now there seems to be a big increase in this. My question is: why is this and has anyone else noticed?

There may be no reason but I just wondered.