So many Turning Point…

Has tp had any new releases or upcoming in the last couple weeks? My thoughts are collectors of that brand are making moves to acquire their next tp and the only thing they have is more tp to sell.

2 Likes

The MSG is my post. I’m selling it mostly because I don’t play it that often. I keep trying bimetal TP throws but never hold onto them for long. I do have a bunch of mono TP that I’ve had for a long time.

2 Likes

That’s cool - which mono is your favourite? Do you just not jam with the bimetals?

1 Like

My impression is that TP is getting a lot of mentions in general lately, almost all positive (even with the high prices). In particular, people showing off their collections. I haven’t been paying attention long enough to know whether this is normal.

There have also been recent drops/restocks at YYE (Mustang, Hades, Hinemosu, Solenoid). Seems like the brand is pretty on track.

1 Like

I’m just more of a mono fan but I wouldn’t say I dislike bimetals. I’ve been really enjoying the TP2 lately but the Basilisk light and St Elmo are great as well.

3 Likes

People sell in waves. I’ve sold off some of my favorite TP yo-yos due to financial needs, same with some YYR stuff. When you have high dollar things you don’t use in a consumption heavy hobby such as this one, folks tend to move that stuff around, either to recover costs or to get something else in trade

4 Likes

This post had me thinking so I did a quick search through the BST using keywords “turning point” and “tp”. Now I didn’t go through and count them to be exact, but there seems to be the same amount of bst posts in the past three months as there was in the previous 3 months.

I know I feel like there were more posts recently, but I think it’s more that I’m interested in picking one up so I’m just paying attention to it more.

1 Like

Must be coincidence then. Thanks for doing the searches :smiling_face:

1 Like

You making this thread is a sign that you should get one :smirk:

1 Like

Oh great man. Yes awesome stuff. Thrs few left and here thrs a fellow selling hinemosu and another guy collapser

Exactly lol i mean we all love yoyos and sometimes want to sell to get a higher price or better i guess

The ASTer is amazing really impressed similar to msg but a better version steel and titanium

So what’s the most iconic Turning Point?

I think its tp 2 and colony. For the bimetal and higher range i love hinemosu thise titanium rims are freakin massive get one also msg is a very good one but sold out unless u go yoyorewind japan but shipping

1 Like

Its like 67 grams lighter then the other tp heavy hitters. This one is heavy but up to u whatever u choose my recommendation is hinemosu msg aster

Probably Palpitation, seems like the most popular one along with the other Takeshi sigs. Otherwise, the leviathan series is very iconic for TP, they’re more undersized
My favorites from TP are Colony and Anubis

1 Like

The colony for me feels like no other turning point. To me that’s the most iconic model for sure.

3 Likes