So... let's talk dubstep at contests.

People should start using the music Janos used at worlds tbh

Skream is amazing.

Yes yes, that’s great music, although wouldn’t you get a bit bored hearing the same thing over and over?

I gotta say, I didn’t know about Trap till this thread, and I like it!

OFFICIAL PRELIM MUSIC:

OFFICIAL FINALS MUSIC:

ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES.
3 Likes

I like a lot of it and dislike a lot of it. If you find good songs though, they’re great to throw to.

#WelcomeToOblivion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhMryLf1Gg0&lc=IvDViPmcCa_bEo-syRHz2Hv1JrIxJ5hR9e0c22Edlzc

1 Like

Dis tune! I love dis tune!

Thumbs up!Thumbs up!Thumbs up!

Yeah, I definitely like that old school dubstep better.  The last one seems to be more of the “complete” package.  All of them are nice though. I think the first one could use some more recognizeable bass in there.  I’m listening on an Ipad, so it could be missed with these speakers.  Cool stuff.

If you’re listening to that music(Skream, Coki, Loefah, Benga[my dogs name], Mala, distance)on something without subwoofer you’re missing about 75% of the frequencies used.
Its been said before on this thread, but i have HAVE TO say it again. That crap people use for freestyles is not dubstep, no matter what people call it.

Get your subs/headphones ready for a real classic.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gODEboKgcRY

2 Likes

oh lawd, 'ere we go!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

also, before discussing dubstep, don’t forget to watch “Dubstep - A Dose of Buckley”

Actually, it is, being a subgenre.

How dubstep should be done

(opinion only)

Sure, and Avril Lavigne is totally punk rock.

2 Likes

It’s more like saying prog rock and punk rock are both subgenera of rock, even though if you listen to them, they are basically opposites.

Like it or not, it IS dubstep.

It’s like saying twerking is the same thing as doing the carlton, they are both dancing…

Only the twerkiest of EDM fans actually care about (or are aware of) the difference between “brostep” and “dubstep”. I get it… it’s a passion and people legitimately want to share that passion which includes educating the ignorant of us about those differences.

But try as you might, most of us still don’t actually care. :wink: I don’t mean this as an insult and I genuinely respect and appreciate your passion. But to us, it’s all relatively boring and repetitive stuff. When a genre is THAT strictly defined in what “makes” it (man, dubstep has to REALLY fit a formula, dunnit? Or it’s just some other kind of ___step!) that means that it’s all going to be very homogenous sounding. I ain’t got time to appreciate the subtle differences. I got other music to listen to. Some alt country, some jazz standards… some widdly-fiddly-guitar virtuosity…

So yeah. I could do without most “_____step” at contests not because the music is necessarily bad, but because the homogeneous nature of it of it is boring the heck out of me.

2 Likes

^^^
This.

Definitely give it another listen, Midnight Request Line is a classic, and is pretty great with a sub. It’s a pretty big song in the history of the genre. http://www.kmag.co.uk/editorial/features/skream-midnight-request-line.html