So, It Happened

It cracks me up how this thread caught on. I appreciate all of the reactions, stories, and nuggets of wisdom. I’m doing my best to open up about it, but she 1) doesn’t really care about it (it’s my latest “fad”) and 2) she still doesn’t get it (again, why I would possibly need more than just one responsive and one unresponsive - at least I’ve made it that far in getting through to her!). But, hey, as are many parts of a marriage, this is a work in progress…

1 Like

is that a rhetorical question? are you asking me what rhetorical means? hah, do i know what rhetorical means?!!

1 Like

That’s nice! My wife has no problem if I get new yoyos, but she definitely asks “what’s the difference between that new yoyo and the rest of them?”, but that is how she is and I am cool with that. I actually liked your budget plan for fun things!

2 Likes

Now see, my wifes yoyo collection is bigger than mine. >:(

5 Likes

It’s super hard to explain to your wife the differences between your new yoyo and your old ones.

Let’s face it; there is hardly any difference!

You just want another yoyo.

7 Likes

I mean, what really are the differences between cookies? They’re all basically the same size and shape. They’re all made of the same basic ingredients. Do you really need to eat that many different types of cookies?

5 Likes

Nope.

1 Like

dare not argue that with this man… yes

Yes. 99% of my yoyo purchases have been the result of just wanting another yoyo. The only exceptions have been YYF Shutter, One Drop Top Deck, One Drop Fat Tire, Rain City Skills Convoy, YYF 888 GT, YYF Heist. But on the other side of the coin I have found some yoyos with identical specs to play and feel very, very different from each other. I did not know that before I got them and it was a nice surprise.

1 Like