So, It Happened

20 Likes

Hey that’s the one I made aha🤣

1 Like

In all seriousness, I’m happy your wife didn’t totally freak out on you. Please take a word of advice from a guy who has been married over 20 years - don’t be sneaky with your hobbies. Talk them over with your wife and have an understanding about budget and amount of “fun” money - and don’t skimp on together fun so you can get the latest “must have” release at drop. Don’t live beyond means, do communicate.

12 Likes

Word

2 Likes

True words of wisdom. I appreciate them. Definitely going to embrace that approach.

1 Like

My wife and I both have a set amount of fun money we get each month. We do allow ourselves to go over sometimes but that has to get payed off before you can start spending again. It works great and you can feel good about spending money on the stuff you like.

5 Likes

LOL this was the best thread I’ve read here!

2 Likes

asked my mom if i could buy an Umbra, she said “what makes this any different then the others you have?” i was like “EXCUSE EXCUSE!” but i convinced her. :grimacing:

5 Likes

Nice strategy/plan. Has she ever asked you though “don’t you want to spend that money in something else other than another Yoyo?”

Just curious to know :smile:

5 Likes

lol it took me awhile to convince my mom to let me buy more throws but once I told her that they where like sliver ware and like how you use a spoon to eat soup you would use a organic to have fun she gave in and now (as long as I have the money) I can get it

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s like “you already have a comic book, why do you need another one?” Or “you already have a pair of underwear, why do you need another pair?” Because you can’t have too many pairs of underwear or too many yoyos!

2 Likes

She is cool with my hobby. We get spending money so we don’t have to ever justify why we get the stuff we get. I’ve asked her before if she thinks its stilly and she docent understand how much I have spent on it but she never questions when a new yoyo shows up.

2 Likes

whoa :exploding_head: :astonished:

1 Like

Interestingly, part of my motivation for not making yoyos was so I could buy them instead of making them.

Funny thing is, I own none of the yoyos that I never made.

:nerd_face:

5 Likes

i don’t own any of the yoyos you’ve never made either @yoyodoc, and i’ve tried my hardest to not find them. despite my effortless attempts to not find the yoyos you’ve never made, i still cannot seem to find them.

2 Likes

lmao tfw yoyos are your mistress and your wife can’t hang

2 Likes

Oof, that’s brutal man. Echoing @French, communication is so important in a marriage. My wife would probably be more excited about watching paint dry than she would be about anything I do that is yoyo related :sweat_smile:. BUT I still give her a heads up when I do a yoyo transaction of any kind out of respect. Whether it is a clean trade, or a new purchase. Sometimes talking to her about buying a new yoyo has even stopped me from making a rash decision.

3 Likes

I tried as hard as I can to completely not understand what you just said.

Interestingly it worked because I can’t for the life of me; make heads or tails of it?

Not surprised anyways. I never expect to understand anything you say.

Regardless, I am willing to agree with anything you have to say.

As long as you say something I don’t find disagreeable.

4 Likes

My girl is totally ok with my yoyo pastime.

My last hobby was standing on the bed at night while juggling razor sharp butcher knives.

So, people can have worse hobbies…

4 Likes

Hysterical!

1 Like