So, I guess this is it now. Done. -Merged-

I’ve had two months off from YoYoExpert. This has given me time to pause and reflect on the past roughly year and a half of my life, or at least the portion that has revolved around yoyos and other skill toys. While I have also been catching up on other projects, a fair amount of my non-work time has been spent contemplating the not so recent past. Well, maybe not all of it, but at least the parts I remember.

A lot has happened. Some good, some bad. Some really good, some really bad, and some has been down right horrible. That is how things go sometimes. One can try to control one’s life, but nobody is ever in absolutely complete control.

I started on May 11, 2011 by walking into Toys R Us and buying an Imperial and a Reflex. I was 39 at the time. Today, now 41, my tastes have changed dramatically, usually involving purchasing small bits of metal that cost over $100, and doing this rather frequently. I wonder if this is my mid-life crisis? Here I am, a man, playing with toys for little children. I have bits of string everywhere. There are yo-yo parts and accessories all over the place at my house. Cases full of these darn things taking up an ever increasing amount of space. Why? What am I doing? What’s wrong with me? I’m playing with yoyos. How low can I get?

I’ve also had quite a few conversations with people on Facebook. The consensus seems to be that I’m too old, too slow and I’m most likely not going to ever get very far with this. Some have even gone as far as to say that I suck at it, which may actually have validity. I’m just getting reinforcement that perhaps I have made some mistakes in my decision making process. I have been questioning a lot of things lately. It makes logical sense that I should question this as wel.

So, I quit. I mean, this is just getting stupid and out of control.

As of today, I am officially no longer playing with yoyos. From this day on, I am only going be performing motor skill activities with precision machined and/or manufactured turning apparatuses. I am no longer going to be helping people either. I am only going to be providing information of an educational and informative nature in direct response to the inquiry as presented. I am not going to clean and treat anymore bearings, I will merely be addressing and resolving issues pertaining to viscosity and friction management via chemical processes.

Done. Decided. There’s no turning back now.

14 Likes

As of today, I am officially no longer playing with yoyos. From this day on, I am only going be performing motor skill activities with precision machined and/or manufactured turning apparatuses. I am no longer going to be helping people either. I am only going to be providing information of an educational and informative nature in direct response to the inquiry as presented. I am not going to clean and treat anymore bearings, I will merely be addressing and resolving issues pertaining to viscosity and friction management via chemical processes.

EDIT: i realized i was stupid, and studio isnt acually quitting… FML hahahahahaha!

Somebody missed the point of that post… :wink:

2 Likes

You know, I didn’t really understand what he was saying either? What DID he mean?

Lol yeah, i know…

But still, if it wasnt for studios advice for the past months, i wounldnt be here wher i am now… I wouldnt have bothered to even make an accout on here if i didnt read his posts, realizing that all my questions shall be answered…

You’re still missing the point… but I’m not going to be the one to ruin Studio42’s fun. :wink:

5 Likes

What point? Im sure studio wouldnt troll us with taht post?!

Yeah, how low CAN you get playing with yoyos?

Are we supposed to take that seriously?

Grow up, control your finances, and enjoy yoyos for what they are. **** anyone that tells you that you’re too old to do something you enjoy.

Basic facs of life man. Keep it real.

It’s not trolling. Everything he means to say is in there in black and white. I understand that not everybody’s level of critical reading is the same, but I’m surprised you guys don’t see the humour (not trolling).

2 Likes

That says it all. If you can’t understand what he’s saying there, please have a talk with your English/Writing/Reading professor.

9 Likes

If he wants to go, you have to let him go. As far as what Greg is hammering on about humor, I guess I didn’t get that. Must be an inside joke.

It’s in what nkessler quoted. :wink: Nothing “inside” about it, except that admittedly you need a decent level of English reading comprehension. (I don’t mean that as an insult any more than if I told somebody “You need to have some understanding of computer science,” it’s just not a skill everybody has).

hammer hammer

hammer

2 Likes

He’s probably fallen in with a bad crowd. Heroin, crack, smack, wingdingers, wongdongers… Sad to see him in such a place at his… “ripe” age

2 Likes

I am not going to respond to this thread. Instead, I will be observing the visual representations of words on my liquid crystal display, consider and weigh my own ruminations and then mechanically depress representations of a latin based script.

21 Likes

I see that he’s saying, “I’m not playing with yoyos, I’m playing with yoyos” but I assumed that he meant that he would be responding to people, but not exactly with the same presence. Being professional, but not active.

As of now, I am not going to laugh at this post. Alternately, I will have a few involuntary spasms from my diaphragm accompanied by the sound “ha-ha” or “ho-ho”.

1 Like

I really don’t think someone is going to say "studio 42, You suck at yo-yoing " on Facebook.

I think that studio42 is going to start making yoyos but not sure I’m French it’s harder for me to understand :wink:

I understood it.

Not true. People say stupid stuff on Facebook 24/7.