Smooth yo-yos in 2021?

Smoothest yoyo out right now 2021?

My prediction is you will get 30 nominees since most people have a pretty varied collection they will base their answer on what they have. I have some yoyos that have taken hits that created vibe but those yoyos are still superior performance-wise (in my opinion) than the yoyos I have that are extremely smooth.

12 Likes

You buy 12 Ferrari, you will find one fastest.

I would hold any single yo-yo holders opinion with a grain of salt.

You could base it if the worst per batch… but you will throw many babies away with bath water.

Even boutique brands have customers often protesting about their super limited run yo-yo slipping through QC (often they get some user input on that smoothness level).

A better question is what do you want to do with said smoothness? Rub it on your finger? There is a journey to yo-yo enlightenment and I can assure you smoothness is a detour not a destination.

26 Likes

Umm okay?

2 Likes

Maybe tell us what you are looking for in a yoyo. A majority of yoyos are pretty darned smooth. I only have one yoyo that had a pronounced vibe when I purchased it. I never really notice vibe when throwing and if I act like a yoyo reviewer and do a throwdown and lift the yoyo and put my fingernail to the rim or finger in the gap I may notice a little vibe that I’d never know was there when throwing. Vibe doesn’t inhibit me having good throw session - bad throws do.

5 Likes

Smoothness doesn’t really have much to do with performance at all

3 Likes

Sorry, but I believe smoothness definitely has a big part in it

1 Like

Umm okay?

10 Likes

I think smoothness isn’t a deciding factor in performance but it definitely is a way to tell how well the yoyo was tested or machined, what do you think of in terms of performance?

1 Like

when I referred too as performance is weight, durability,and spin time etc.

A dead smooth bad yo-yo < slight vibe and good design.

Unless you throw it, rub your finger on it and do nothing else. Which is ok if that’s your thing. I know that population does exist.

11 Likes

Lol maybe for you :joy:

Looking forward to someone being brave enough to answer your question.

6 Likes

Thanks kid, but I got my answer a while ago :laughing:

I just tested like 400 yoyos and one of them might have been the smoothest of 2021? Not sure about the rest though.

7 Likes

What do you have in mind?

lol that ‘kid’ is the one of the founders of yoyofactory

9 Likes

@yyfben2.deactivated you got what you asked for, You can now witness someone answering😂

Good for him :laughing:

Just because you believe it doesn’t mean it’s true :thinking: