Skewer me if you like but its my opinon

If there was a standard price, and one company decided to double it for their stuff, maybe there would be.

I sure wouldn’t be surprised if they did

I dont think it’s an issue of the dollar being weak 99 yen to 1 dollar right now …

you know i think they are slightly overpriced, but they are sold at a price the owner needs to make money and still be able to give the wholesale purchaser room to still make a profit at retail price, that way everyone gets a piece of the pie, whats the point in being in business if you are just going to break even or take a loss?

Hell no they brag about how much they paid for their clubs. There might be a section for the spouse’s,
though.

4 Likes

hahaha now that’s funny!

Actually the dollar is doing VERY well as compared to the Yen right now. In fact most YYR and TP models are a good $30 cheaper than they were a few years ago.

We should keep demographics in mind here.

Golf: Generally older, grown men and women with money to spare.

Yoyo: Adolescents and young adults who haven’t had a full-time job yet.

I can see it now… 15 years into the future I’m a rich doctor sponsored by the now “company to beat” Yomega winning the world yoyo contest…

Your opinion is stupid. That’s my opinion, so don’t skewer me.

id be willing to be there is a hefty amount of 25+ year olds here on the forum yoyo isnt just the demographic you mentioned…

32 year old attorney here.

1 Like

37 year old teacher here. That being said I do find some brands’ prices to be too high. My solution isn’t to kvetch about the prices… I simply just don’t buy them. Pretty much my philosophy for anything that costs money.

3 Likes

33 yr old disabled / domestic engineer

That’s sort my point it’s not just a kid thing. Don’t like it don’t buy it, we live in a free market and. I one is forcing us to buy.

People with jobs play with yoyos too.
I’ve been looking at picking up a Turning Point or YYR, actually. Unfortunately I just spun a bearing in my car, so a new engine took priority, >:(. Rebuild your car, then complain about $150 yoyos that you obviously want but can’t shell the cash out for. Why else would the price upset you? Nobody is making you buy 'em, or even making you be interested enough to make this thread.

I think many people might be surprised by the mix of working adults and professionals in the yoyo hobby.

I suspect the demographic impression we get is younger because the people who tend to post on forums are adolescents and the majority of professional players are younger as well.

Quite true. Another factor for the age misconception is that it is generally the young crowd that competes at contests.

This is VERY true!! So many adults yoyo… We are out there!!! 37 here…

…err…over 50…?

db

Need to save money?
Yoyofactory.

1 Like