Skewer me if you like but its my opinon

…err…over 60…?

Agreed…I’m in my late thirties. I can also think of many adults who have complained about prices too. There are plenty of adults with tough financial circumstances, unemployed, disabled, simply do not make a good income, have other responsibilities and priorities, or otherwise not in “control” of their finances, to the extent that they are able to spend freely. So, I have seen the complaint across the board, in all age groups. I also see a lot of kids, who are not old enough to work, but they have plenty of high end yo-yos, a lot more than I would have had at their age. I have known plenty of kids who golf too.

I never thought it reasonable to complain about a company’s prices. They price their yo-yos how they want, and apparently they get what they want for them, so if you don’t want to buy, you simply take your business elsewhere. There are too many yo-yos, of all price ranges, available for everyone to afford something. The problem comes in, when people are not happy with a YoyoJam Classic, and they lust after something they cannot afford.

I’m the type who will not walk around the mall with no money in my pocket. I would see everything I want, but nothing I could afford. I would never put myself in that state of misery. I’m also the type who would not hang around YoyoExpert.com with no money. I would see everything I want, but nothing I could afford. I choose not to put myself in that state of misery either. If I only had ten bucks to spend, I’d go straight for the ten dollar yo-yo, ignore everything else, and be done shopping. As soon as I saw the Turning Point brand or yo-yo price, I would not even read any more detail, if it was out of my league price-wise.

I just never understood why people complain about the prices, but they browse the pages, and click on yo-yos of brands that are clearly high end. Then, it seems while they cannot or will not pay that amount for the yo-yo, they read over every detail in the yo-yo description, fully educate themselves on how the yo-yo was made, and then waste the time articulating to others why they believe the price is not what it should be. I never give something I am not going to pay for that much of my attention. :-\

3 Likes

Very well said…

1 Like

This probably is a bit odd to ask but how can you yoyo if you’re disabled? Just a normal 13 yr old here. I work super hard odd jobs to pay for good yoyos. I’ve found out that when I ask for a yoyo as payment for an around the house job my mother scams me. She said she’d pay for a 150$ order if I cleaned my whole house because she’s always at work. 7 hours of blood, sweat, and tears later, I finally realize that my job is complete. Jolly as a schoolboy on the first day of summer, I ask her to examine my work. She refuses because she said that I forgot to do the baseboards and the living room fan. Really!? I was extremely bummed/angry because the house was cleaner than she was ever able to clean it and was ungrateful for the wonderful thing I did for her on my end of the deal. Ugh. I’m done now.

The audacious conclusion of this presumption, that I find offensive.

The price of anything is only offensive to us if it is placed on something we lust after which we can’t even begin to afford. A Lamborghini has a sticker which stretches wa-a-y beyond my budget, but the price doesn’t offend me as I really don’t want one anyway. Your outrage is not grounded in Turning Point’s fares so much as it is in coveting after something beyond your reach.

2 Likes

Double post. Sorry. However the preceding comment was uncalled for. “Disabled” doesn’t mean confined to a wheelchair! There are all kinds of valid disabilities which still allow people to throw a bandalore for crying out loud!

No one owes any of us an explanation!

Ugh, I’m done now.

2 Likes

Sorry. Just curious. And I know that it was a bit off but I was wondering how Snafu can yoyo. The guy posts on these forums a lot and seems to be quite knowledgeable. I was thinking he might have found a way to yoyo around his disability. I know that my grandpa has found many ways to work around his lost arm. It was even his dominant arm that he lost so he had to relearn how to do everything that was necessary to everyday life. The man can find a way to do everything a normal person can do. It just takes him a little longer. He’s been my best friend and role model my entire life and I believe his extremely strong will has influenced me much.

Sorry Snafu if I offended you or anyone else that wasn’t happy with my post.

3 Likes

…seems to me you answered your own imprudent question there.

High priced yoyos - If you kids would get over the hype and quit paying these exorbitant prices, the market would dry up.

And actually, being in a wheelchair does not preclude yoyoing. There’s a guy from Rapid City, SD who used to be quite active on the forums (mostly the now defunct Dave’s Skilltoys) and attended national events regularly.

I stand corrected.

thank you for the info. I now know that people can yoyo while being in a wheelchair can yoyo. I’d love to dig up a video to see that. I love to see how people do things differently. Unless it is having to do with eating a different way. I know someone who eats their donuts from the glaze in. Ew.

By the way I’m not a crazed hypeboy. My first high end was a puffin back in July. Maybe a hyped brand but not necessarily a hyped throw. Next I got a summit and that was because I loved the story. And the design and colors were like a sign that just read: “take me now.” Lol.

How do you like your Summit’s play? I’ve kinda been battin’ the idea of getting one around.

it’s a thing of beauty. It’s slow but floaty. It’s so comfy and good looking. I’ve been looking to get the new frog and toad edition which is Alex Loves sig colorway. Or the last 28s. I have the gormley edition
And I love it.

No way celebrating 27 again this year right? 8)

My lower back and hips give me fits or raging pain but my arms and ability to play isn’t hampered totally by this there are limitations to how long I can play and what ticks I’m able to do but I can still have fun for a short time here and there and I’m able to use a short string and sit for a bit and throw a yoyo and my pain killers do have a window if a few hours after I take them that I’m able to play a little longer but still it’s in some movements and tricks that I can do.

That said I do what I can and when I can to keep active and trying to have fun with it. It’s not always about doing the most complex tricks or doing it for the longest period if time always I just know my limitations and abide by them.

2 Likes

Dude. Thats awesome. Inspiration to all of us who cry when we can’t land a certain trick and cry when some whim doesn’t go our way. Thank you.

1 Like

No worries and I wasn’t offended at your comment and thanks for clearing it up though it seemed to strike a cord with a few, but glad your grandad has been a huge influence And overcame his troubles to be a great role model for you!

1 Like

I would have 1 of those TP’s than a MagicYoYo.
Quality over quantity.
And yes, actually, I’ve had a couple TP’s that play 10-times better than a MagicYoYo.
But that’s just me.

Notice I said “generally” not “entirely”. Obviously this is a very diverse forum, but that’s the trend.

Also, all the 25+ hear olds on these forums are the ones that aren’t complaining about how much yoyos cost (because they can afford them).

1 Like

Your point here is moot and I couldn’t say it any better then TotalArtist!

1 Like