Skateboarding

this s the skateboarding topic, I just got into skateboard a week ago and i love it.

whats yalls setup, what trick are you working on, what’s your favorite trick.

favorite trick that ive learned: ollie

trick im working on: ollie (i can do it but I turn front side when I do it)

my setup: an elements complete

5 Likes

I’ve skated for just a little longer than I’ve thrown yoyo - started in 1985. I still try to rip it up w my kids a couple times a week.

Mainly skate old school decks - old Vision Psycho Stick is my go-to.
Favorite tricks are prob 180 bonelesses.
Always working on Impossibles.

10 Likes

I’ve found the yoyo board Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 10.49.55 AM

5 Likes

my hair is a little whack, but here’s a dopey floaty nollie flip on a girl board

6 Likes

I tried skating back in middle school and high school. Sadly, I was too chicken to really try anything, with my “most daring” thing being dropping in on a 5-foot 1/4 pipe…it was actually kind of scary and only successfully dropped in once before getting too confident to try again and hurt myself. I also was able to ollie a deck on its side. Other than that, I didn’t take it very far and kept it simple with hopping on and off curbs, grinding curbs.

I switched to just cruising longboards as I got older…no steep hills, just simple cruising as I found it relaxing. I currently have a pennyboard, nickelboard, and a G-bomb cruiser that lets you adjust the angle of the trucks for either hard carving or stability.

3 Likes

I’m 60, overweight and have bad knees. My skateboard of choice is a Land Yacht cruiser. Have a few other skateboards. No tricks for me. I just cruise. My biggest trick is hopping off at the end of a run.image image

7 Likes

Wowwww what a coincidence I recently decided to buy and make a cruiser setup just for when I wanna get out in these qarauntine times.

3 Likes

Favorite trick: boneless / heelflip

Trick I’m working on: laying in bed

My setup: support your local shop <3

7 Likes

@Damb i challenge you a game of skate

3 Likes

In the late 90s/early 00s skateboarding was my life. I’d skip school and skate all day. Sometimes 6-9hours a day. Favorite tricks were ghost flip and Sexchange. Now Every once in a while I’ll grab my deck and cruise. And veeeeeeery rarely I’ll have a go at some real tricks( though usually not too successfully).
My deck is like 18 years old now. Brand is Habitat with Lucky risers/hardware, Bones chinabone bearings, and Spitfire wheels.

I do still hit the skatepark regularly to feed off the energy there.

And to watch the kids throw themselves at the concrete.

5 Likes

do you mean casper flip?

2 Likes

ghost flips are a branch of flips going back to freestyle skating. generally you scoop one foot under the board and flip it, often while changing stance. they can be either really easy if you’re stepping off your board to flip it or reeeeeeally hard if you’re doing it like a 360 flip out of casper (a la rodney mullen - casper flip)

2 Likes

@edhaponik I’ve got the same Psycho Stick board! Its a joy to cruise around on with some big ol’ soft wheels. I threw some plastic rails on mine too for some extra old school flair.

I skated hard for many years growing up and don’t much anymore, but I can still kickflip more consistently than I can on a fixie!

2 Likes

Rodney Mullen style for sure.:gift_heart:

Wow. I bet I still have my Mullen v Daewon Song skate tape somewhere.:grin:

1 Like

in about 2 months in going to get a revive deck

1 Like

I was actually trying to hit it at the park the other day and by the time I left I could see the kids attempting it too.
Generationally passed on.

1 Like

ah, we call those cirus tricks

1 Like

Holy nostalgia, I remember getting that on VHS when it came out and having my mind blown!

2 Likes

Ooooo
This tape has some classics!

Can’t find my Mike Vallely tape though…

4 Likes

Daaamn. Or my Shortys Fullfil the Dream.

That was a good one

2 Likes