Sisters HATE Yoyoing!

Hey Guys!
Both of my Sisters, Kaitlyn (age 15) and Alexis (age 8 ), Both just HATE Yoyoing!
And they Bag on me all the Time. Like they will call me an idiot, or a looser, or a pointless kid, and they say that they wish I would stop yoyoing just for Throwing. And Im just Tired of it. Im not trying to like Force them into Liking Yoyoing, I just would really like them to Respect that I am NOT Going to Stop any Time Soon, and learn that yoyoing is challenging, and Super Fun, and Awesome! I have tried EVERYTHING I can think of. This is what I have tried:
-Showing her Jensen Kimmitt at 2010 Worlds. (She got bored in 3 seconds, and exited out of the vid)
-Showing her John Chow’s Favorite Trick ATM Video (After watching his Awesome Tricks, she says, “Hey, He’s got a Cool IPod!”) I Know! Annoying, Right?
-Put on a Yoyo Show for them (They Yawned, and Left the Room) AGGRAVATING!

So, I would just like to know what to do. I don’t need to try to get them to yoyo themselves (Although, that would be Nice), I just want them to Respect Yoyoing as MY Hobby.
Any Suggestions or Advice will be Appreciated!
Thanks Guys! :wink:
-Cody Wright

Cody,

If I get the chance to meet up with you some how before I leave for college on January 1st, I’ll convince them for you. P.s. I live in stafford, va

Haha That would be Great! :smiley:

Give me Kaitlyns number, I’ll take care of it for you…I mean…

Seriously dude, who cares what your sister thinks? If you like it, who cares.

2 Likes

I usually wouldn’t care about what they think, but they Tease Me… CONSTONTLY! :-[

I think they are being typical siblings and giving you a hard time because that’s what siblings do and it probably doesn’t help that they’re girls and not into much more than clothes and phones at their age… You should ask them why yoyoing’s lame and I bet you they won’t have a good answer…

LOL Thanks Man. Ill do that, and Let you guys know what they Said. :smiley:

couldn’t have said it better

1 Like

Show them Paul Han’s vids. Like his bombsquad vids, and Cal State preformances. My friend thought yoyoing was a nerd thing untill I showed him Paul Han’s stuff. It helped when I told him Paul Han is a Sponcered Skater. (I forget what company) Hope this helped. :wink:

No matter what you do, DON’T show them Zim Zam. They will associate Zim Zam’s nerdy(ness) with yoyoing, hence making things worse for you.

Or show them one of Ann Connoly’s vids. Let them know that girls do it too. Then get used to it because none of this is going to work.

2 Likes

u should, eli hop them in the face.

Trying to show them videos of something they clearly hate is not going to help your situation. Just say you have your interests, and they should have theirs. After that, you should just leave it be, because who REALLY cares. They just bag on you becasue they can team up. Trust me, girls love to team up…

i can pretty much guarantee the old one is hating on it because you’re trying to make her like it and it gets a rise out of you. the young one is hating on it because her big sister is. i don’t understand why we have to feel compelled to be ‘yo-yo evangelicals’ all the time, converting the ignorant masses. just play yo-yo, be into it, and smile off any crap you get for it. that’s a way more compelling case to do it than any convincing or youtube you could show them.

4 Likes

no, you shouldnt.
YOU SHOULD BOOMERANG THEM IN THE FACE!
but if your sisters dont like yoyoing do what icthus said. show her one of ann connolys videos.

Q’s trying to pick up!!!

Just kidding…

You gotta understand that just because you like something doesn’t mean everyone else is going to like it. Who cares if they don’t like it? If you’re having fun that’s all that matters. People watch me yoyo all the time and go “That’s stupid, what a waste of time.” it has never bothered me once, because I say the same things about sports and a ton of other junk.

TERM OF THE DAY - PERSONAL PREFERENCE

Yup.

okay I have a sister who is like that a bit one thing you can do is once in a while do some other things and more than that ignore them! if you give them reactions they’ll continue thinking that they’re winning and can beat you down… so just ignore it and don’t get frustrated with them.

dude cody just ignored them. a bunch of people at my school was like that. they just insulted me and my yoyos. cuz of how expensive the yoyos are and how the yoyos were stupid. juts forget bout them. over time they get over it. i am now titled at my Va school as Clover Hill High YoYo Guy

When in doubt… C4 :stuck_out_tongue:

nah don’t do that.

All I could say is just ignore them, try to explain that you like it, and you don’t care if they do, or…

be evil and return the favor >:D nah