Show your favorite old school CLYW throw

Old CLYW is where my heart lays. I was blessed with getting a OG 28 stories Sasquatch pictured below. I’ve always loved the power the Sasquatch has. It may be a tad heavy for some and lack that float, but for my laid back chill style, it is perfect.

Feel free to post a picture of your favorite and say a few words as to why you love it.

14 Likes

I remember buying a Hulk Smash Bear Vs. Man…

Nostalgia. Wonder where that beauty ended up 20 years later hhahaha

2 Likes

These are my oldest and rarest.

Small bearing Bassalope, Canvas, original Yeti, and Campfire.

15 Likes

I’ve also had the pleasure of playing a BvM, OG Yeti and Campfire. Never got lucky enough to play a Canvas or Bassalope.

The one that got away for me was a Wooly Marmot 2 and a Maple Drip Peak.

4 Likes

I want another Glacier Express so bad but I haven’t been able to find one in a colorway I don’t hate (Yogi is so gross to me, sorry…)

CLYW colorways are super hit or miss for me, but everything about that yoyo just hits almost everything for me. Hard H shapes are just a favorite for me and massive undercuts and dual rims are two of my favorite design trends.

For some people it’s a Peak or a Chief that they’d list as an all time favorite yoyo, for me it’s the Glacier Express. (somebody please sell me one in a decent colorway :pleading_face:)

2 Likes

I got to try quite a few older CLYW (and other stuff) at the One Drop factory. When I went I had actually just got my Canvas that’s pictured and mentioned it to Shawn and David. Then they opened the CLYW drawer and there’s 3 Canvas’s sitting right next to the 28 Stories Peak, lol.

1 Like

little banged up but still beautiful

8 Likes

I’ve got a super vibey Gnarwhal lol

4 Likes

BvM was always it for me. Higby Campfire also a fun lil gem.

10 Likes

Pretty split between Chiefs and Avalanches. Ava holds a special place because it introduced me to the Jack Rabbit colorway.

I don’t have any recent pictures so here’s a dump of my old CLYWs.

14 Likes

Your memory may be playing tricks on you, I don’t think there was ever a production run of Hulk Smash BvMs.

The OG BvM was probably my favorite. Probably not as good as a player as others but something about it always appealed to me. Here’s a pic of a couple Lodge throws I used to have.

20 Likes

Gonna be the cliff for me, love the shape

21 Likes

Peak and 2014 Sasquatch are my favorites. Gnarwhal, Gnarwhal 2 and original Puffin are also favorites.

1 Like

The Summit. I just love how balanced it is.

5 Likes

BvsM. Owned plenty of them, sadly do not have any currently. Hoping to obtain a few of them this year.

2 Likes

7 Likes

Patiently waiting for that Peak picture so I can slide in the DMs and offer the pink slip to my car, lol.

Beautiful throws everyone.

1 Like

It’s hard to choose a favourite old CLYW but these three are all contenders.

Iron Man Peak, FG Team edition Wooly Marmot and FG 28 stories Chief. I think the WM has probably been thrown the most and even though I have another one in better condition this one is my favorite.

An honorable mention to my OG styled Peak 2.

13 Likes

no kidding bro? I never tried this shape but I love ur opinion on throws. I’ma have to try!

1 Like

Heres my current clyw. Not all old sorry but it’s my only pic. I had a 28s og squatch that was My main thang until I got a raw chief and never looked back. Got back into throwing 5/2020 and first thing I hunted down was the 28s squatch and chief

Shout out galactic goose tho

8 Likes