Show some wooden yoyos you've made

That sounds amazing! Sign me up please. Squirrels are near the top of my favorite animal list, and I would love to try out a counterweight for the first time.

2 Likes

Sure like your current upgrades & innovation’s Eric……some new stuff :heart:……I cherish my mother-T!!
I might have to try out something more current?….you made amazing progress buddy so far!!
Love your work,
R

3 Likes

Question for those who have worked with SpectraPly: Is tear out a big issue? Does it tend to tear out more in one orientation versus another? Also what reputable places have you sourced it from?

1 Like

You buy it from Cousineu Wood Products.

Tearout can be an issue with spectraply because it doesn’t like to be scraped in bowl orientation, which is how most of us shape our halves. If you turn it in spindle orientation (grain parallel to the lathe bed), you will get less tearout. My spectraply yoyos are made with the grain perpendicular to the lathe vs TMBR who uses spindle orientation.

4 Likes

Awesome. I was looking at Cousineau and they seemed like the best bet.

3 Likes

I’m very close to getting some SpectraPly to make some fixies. Which of these options do you all like best?

Dandelion

Pink

Blue/White

Buckskin

• Dandelion
  • Pink
  • Blue/White
  • Buckskin
  • Other

0 voters

2 Likes

can I just answer “yes”?

8 Likes

Also my answer.

6 Likes

That looks cool! I like the collage look of it. Definitely different.
I know it’s probably just multiple tests but I like it :+1:

2 Likes

I’ve been really enjoying the Terra Pill lately (my own home made ones) and I’ve been wanting to make my own pocketsbe design. Enter the ‘Egg Cup’ :laughing:.

This thing is loads of fun to play. I can also put my SW logo on this one when I’ve finalised the design.

Its quirky and super playable; It’s very Spinworthy.

28 Likes

Glen, that is super cool. Great idea with a pocketable design. I haven’t played much terrapill or kendama, but this looks interesting to me.

6 Likes

Added a few fixies to the BST as well as some B grades.

21 Likes

The “trees” engraving looks very nice.

3 Likes

Thank you :grin:. I like how it creates a subtle “W” for Wildwood, if you look between the branches.

12 Likes

I love the logo.

6 Likes

Didnt even realise there was a W. Looks great!

5 Likes

I did give myself a chuckle realizing that most coniferous trees like the ones in the logo probably wouldn’t make great wood for yo-yos (too light or soft) :joy:

5 Likes

Working on getting some SpectraPly. Thanks for the input, everyone.
In the meantime, I’ve got some new lumber from the local shop: mahogany, walnut, ash, purpleheart, and leopardwood. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Hey if you make a Purpleheart butterfly I’ll take it.

3 Likes

Another not yoyo.

I have refined my egg cup kendama toy. This one is being sent out for a decent player to sesh and test.

21 Likes