Show some wooden yoyos you've made

Really happy with these. Didn’t have time for a great picture yet.

20 Likes

Wow, I love them all, but the wood/grain of the one on the left, and the cutaway on the one in the middle are particularly gorgeous. Really great work.

3 Likes

Yeah, that African padauk wood (left) is so beautiful. This one has a few places where the grain subtly curls like fiery, burnt orange waves.

The middle one is a special gift for someone.

5 Likes

23 Likes

Another one, got off the press

26 Likes

Oh man. Is this one spoken for?

3 Likes

It’s claimed and pending payment. If anything changes, I’ll let you know. :+1:

1 Like

100% walnut yoyo, plus a handmade begleri

17 Likes

I’d love to see you try your hand at a wooden begleri set.

3 Likes

Lateast Egg Cup design:

23 Likes

:eyes:

22 Likes

I love the pink color. So vibrant. Any of these would look amazing though. @Eric_Newlin

4 Likes

Can hardly wait for my pink WildWood!

9 Likes

Just finished this matched set. Made from Lati with a Gaboon Ebony axle. The imperial shape has a slightly concave face. I’m thinking about engraving something on the reverse sides that links the two. Maybe a line from a Bowie song. (Cavemen Go is from a Bowie song) Any other ideas?

28 Likes

Beautiful! I know nothing about Bowie.

2 Likes

You could do “ground control” and “major Tom”, or is that too obvious?

3 Likes

What about a lightning bolt?

5 Likes

SpectraTime

So far, so good. Fingers crossed with each step.

17 Likes

Oh man, those spectra yoyos are gonna be so nice! Can’t wait to see the final result. Is it a very dense/heavy material, or is it on the lighter side? Thank you!

2 Likes

This is my first time working with it, but going into it I was expecting it to be lighter than other materials, based on Spectraply yo-yos I have and comments in this thread.

After weighing this first puck, it might actually be similar to the oak I’ve been using. We’ll see…

3 Likes